They Will Move The Sculpture But Not The King Power?

in the paper today they said that the airport will relocate that big thai sculpture of the people and the giant naga or snake when you enter the area with the shops because it crowds the walkways.

sure get rid of one of the nice pieces of art and culture because it is in the way but king power will be allowed to continue blocking the corridors i'm sure.

in the paper today they said that the airport will relocate that big thai sculpture of the people and the giant naga or snake when you enter the area with the shops because it crowds the walkways.

sure get rid of one of the nice pieces of art and culture because it is in the way but king power will be allowed to continue blocking the corridors i'm sure.

Anytime I've been through there, that area was relatively clear. I thought it was very well appointed.

Another stupid decision by AOT. I also saw nothing wrong with the sculpture and helped liven up the place, whereas the overextensions by KP can be quite annoying when the place is crowded. But certainly this type of decision making is to be expected as AOT has proven many times over their inability to properly address the issues that everyone is complaining about but rather "fix" something totally unrelated to the problem as a means of trying to deflect attention from their incompetence.

According to the story referenced in the original post this statue, a presentation of the Hindi myth, Samudra Manthan or "The Churning of the Ocean of Milk", is merely being moved or relocated, not removed as some here have posted.

The immediate area around the statue is currently being rennovated so that might be necessitating the move? It is quite cramped in that area and the statue does take up most of the corridor which is a major intersection. I'm assuming that they will find a better location for the statue, perhaps one with more room and in a place where arriving visitors can view the statue, rather than departing passengers as is the case with the current location.

Having said all that the statue is pretty cheesy looking, in my opinion. The original plan was to have the actual Suphannahong Royal Barge as a center-piece statue. That idea was nixed but I think a replica royal barge would have been much more appropriate?

But certainly this type of decision making is to be expected as AOT has proven many times over their inability to properly address the issues that everyone is complaining about but rather "fix" something totally unrelated to the problem as a means of trying to deflect attention from their incompetence.

Also, removing the statue doesn't take any money out the the AOT's collective pocket, as would dealing with King Power.