U.S. Senate blocks constitutional challenge to Trump impeachment trial

webfact

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

After Biden was sworn in some TVF posters expressed optimism that Trump was gone and forgotten, banned by social media and out of Washington.

However, Trump continues to be the main topic of conversation on TVF, and on CNN etc, BECAUSE the Democrats CHOOSE to prolong his exposure in the public eye. He doesn't need social media when every main news channel is reporting on him every day for hours. I hope he is going to be in the senate to defend himself, and every word he says will be broadcast around the world. I expect him to make much of the opportunity to rally his base and lambast the Democrats.

I suspect the Democrats will be doing everything they can to deny him the opportunity, however I think they will discover that they have started something they will come to regret in future days.

It looks like his legal team doesn't agree with the line of defence he wants to present (election fraud). Well, he can still have a try with Powel! ????

Donald Trump's entire legal team quits week before impeachment trial: Sources

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/donald-trumps-entire-legal-team-041610892.html

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Reported in Australian news as well.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-31/donald-trump-parts-impeachment-lawyers-week-before-trial/13107138

I'm just wondering if it has nothing to do with the line of defence, and everything to do with being paid up front to represent him. With his record, only a fool of a lawyer would expect to get payment afterwards.

Good point. It could also be for both reasons.

4 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Well i think they should drop the whole incitement to insurrection and attempted coup because obviously those charges pail in comparison to 'prolonging his exposure in the public eye'.

And why would he be 'lambasting the democrats'? It wasn't their supporters who stormed The Capitol.

OK, one more time . . .

I moved out of the family home of three generations a week ago.

Right before I left, I pushed grandma down the stairs, killing her.

My parents want to have charges brought against me. I tell them that will NOT help family unity. Why not just move on? I most likely will do it again, but that's beside the point.

Why is this such a hard concept to grab? 45 INCITED VIOLENCE AGAINST THE US! He set the stage for months (FRAUD! FRAUD!) then attempted to have the election confirmation interrupted, resulting in the deaths of five INCLUDING A POLICE OFFICER performing his duty defending the capitol building. The terrorists are recorded multiple times shouting "Death to Pence! Death to Pelosi!"

This beggars belief! How can so many be so blind?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Reported in Australian news as well.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-31/donald-trump-parts-impeachment-lawyers-week-before-trial/13107138

I'm just wondering if it has nothing to do with the line of defence, and everything to do with being paid up front to represent him. With his record, only a fool of a lawyer would expect to get payment afterwards.

Seems the issue is Trump wants to focus on election fraud and the lawyers want to focus on the constitutionality.  The lawyers are right.  And Trump's in LaLa land.  As most of us have known for years.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, J Town said:

OK, one more time . . .

I moved out of the family home of three generations a week ago.

Right before I left, I pushed grandma down the stairs, killing her.

My parents want to have charges brought against me. I tell them that will NOT help family unity. Why not just move on? I most likely will do it again, but that's beside the point.

Why is this such a hard concept to grab? 45 INCITED VIOLENCE AGAINST THE US! He set the stage for months (FRAUD! FRAUD!) then attempted to have the election confirmation interrupted, resulting in the deaths of five INCLUDING A POLICE OFFICER performing his duty defending the capitol building. The terrorists are recorded multiple times shouting "Death to Pence! Death to Pelosi!"

This beggars belief! How can so many be so blind?

IMHO they are not so much blind as unable to face reality. Many of them are now realising that they have been conned by Trump and are unwilling to admit it for whatever reason. They have nailed their colours to the mast and simply cannot accept that they are wrong, and refuse to admit it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PattayaJames said:

Except, Trump did not push Grandma down the stairs, he only asked her to go downstairs and make a nice cup of tea, and use the stair lift Grandma.

Grandma does not use the stairlift and falls.

Werent you going with her?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PattayaJames said:

Except, Trump did not push Grandma down the stairs, he only asked her to go downstairs and make a nice cup of tea, and use the stair lift Grandma.

Grandma does not use the stairlift and falls.

Actually Trump screamed "election fraud" and "fight like hell!" and then asked Grandma to go downstairs to fix it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Qanon shaman and others want to testify against trump.

so even trump supporters say they were following his orders. Or, you can say trump supporters are just dumb.

Both ways is correct.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/qanon-shaman-capitol-riots-testify-trump-b1794522.html

Unfortunately the testimony of the "look at me, I'm wearing horns" buffoon won't go far in court.  However it does illustrate the kind of attention obsessed idiots that are promoting the Trump lies about the election.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...