TAT advocates "Sexy tours" for "quality tourists" to boost Thailand's recovery

webfact

44 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

I have enjoyed quite a few "sexy tours" during my first decade of living in the kingdom

But wait, I thought they said the "quality tourists" weren't the ones after the "sexy tours"! They only wanted the ones after the five star hotels, temples, diving, and golf courses! So now barfines and short times are ok?

My "sexy tour" period lasted only my first three months in the LOS. Funds were draining rapidly. Chicks who weren't worth it. Looking for jobs and getting nothing. Was considering going home when I finally landed one out in the boonies, and ran into a lovely lady working at a restaurant, who'd end up becoming my wife.

33 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The wife wants to buy a luxury handbag. The same Gucci bag that she likes is $3,500 in Singapore, London, New York, Paris, Hong Kong, or Dubai. In Bangkok that bag sells for $9,000. 

Thai airways stewardesses could probably help you out... but  hurry they may not be flying  much  longer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Thai airways stewardesses could probably help you out... but  hurry they may not be flying  much  longer.

Funny. When I used to date, the two absolute prerequisite questions were:

1. What is the most money you have ever spent on a handbag?

2. So, what kind of relationship to you have with your mom, dad and siblings?

Wow. Talk about calling them out. The stuff that can be gleaned from the answer to those two simple questions is priceless. The number of second dates that never happened due to their answers were countless!

4 hours ago, keith101 said:
4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Does that mean they'll be heading straight to the GoGo bars in Cowboy then Pattaya?

He was definitely not referring to an image of the country from yesteryear but a brave new way forward to attract "quality tourists".

Your phrase 'brave new' makes me think of Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. A frightening idea.

Will the Alpha and Beta quality tourists be herded around to see the Epsilons doing their menial work?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gunderhill said:

I thought they'd diversified into street food now? I suppose even doing that, they may not be frying much longer.

4 hours ago, keith101 said:
4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Does that mean they'll be heading straight to the GoGo bars in Cowboy then Pattaya?

He was definitely not referring to an image of the country from yesteryear but a brave new way forward to attract "quality tourists".

Good more space in the Go-Go's for those that want to go there, assume he's going to take them round Isan then to see all the bar girls that have gone home for the duration of Covid, as per previous tourism proposal by TAT, and most of their proposals are just that TAT or rubbish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago,  spidermike007 said: 

The wife wants to buy a luxury handbag. The same Gucci bag that she likes is $3,500 in Singapore, London, New York, Paris, Hong Kong, or Dubai. In Bangkok that bag sells for $9,000. 

Same same but different.

The $9,000 one has a touch of Chinese flair.

Ha ha ha ha , somebody is waking up to what Thai tourism is all about , bar girls and prostitution are OK now . 

I guess they will have to hurriedly renovate Pattaya's Walking Street , sponsor people to open the bars and get everything functioning as before . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PatOngo said:

It's amazing how low they will stoop when they are desperate! Can't wait for the do gooders to harp on about what this will do for the "Image of the Country"! ????

This country was built on low stooping and is a time honoured Thai tradition good to see Thailand returning to it's roots!

• Haha 2