TAT advocates "Sexy tours" for "quality tourists" to boost Thailand's recovery

webfact

"Governor Yutthasak Suphasorn's vision is to inspire confidence among Thais in domestic tourism as a number one priority."

The only way to inspire confidence (among Thais and Tourists) is to rename The Tourist Authority of Thailand - it has become a laughing stock with its over the top statistics and "clutching at straws" suggestions. They'll be offering tours of licensed brothels next! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:
TAT advocates "Sexy tours" for "quality tourists" to boost Thailand's recovery

This the Laugh of the century  ????

Isn't that Illegal . There isn't any prostitution in thailand they say And If there is It's Illegal.????

And He's Promoting that.   ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Airalee said:

I hope the tourists don’t forget to wear/bring their “mor chana” track and trace device with them when they visit the “sexy” attractions.

The devices probably have cameras and microphones in them.  ????

So they TAT will show the uber-riche how to have fun in 'low-places' where the average expats has already burnt out on a decade or so ago?
But, but, but - all those 'low-places?'  Are closed or out of business.

Maybe the TAT is about to get into "the business" so to speak. 

• Like 1

My guess is said 'tours' will be about as effective as that "mask" the dude is wearing. 
Yep.  That piece of face plastic is gonna stop Covid. Ah-huh?  No doubt the face plastic will protect you from PM 2.5 particles too!

NP2.jpeg.dc8336fc87bc3dc95fe5dc512d945c9c.jpeg

In SEA, super easy business visas are drawing young entrepreneurs to Canngu, Bali and it's absolutely booming. 

Acapulco is doing very nicely, private jets and yachts competing for space. Even Cancun is muddling along ok. The country is open and your money goes a long way.

Thailand...not so much.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Christie Paul said:

In SEA, super easy business visas are drawing young entrepreneurs to Canngu, Bali and it's absolutely booming. 

Acapulco is doing very nicely, private jets and yachts competing for space. Even Cancun is muddling along ok. The country is open and your money goes a long way.

Thailand...not so much.

Digital Nomads?

6 minutes ago, D M G said:

Digital Nomads?

Anyone with a blog, social media presence can have their 30 day visa instantly extended to 12 months. Investment for a business visa is very low and extremely flexible, a 12 months visa is hassle free.

This has attracted both serious players and beginners. Canngu is the place to be for young people. Restaurants, coffee shops, open air workstations with pools are all booming. 

• Like 1

Did anybody understand that to mean:

He (The head of Thai  Authority of Tourism) will personally oversee select VIP brothels for the big spenders to feel safe, after they are cooped up in a ASQ for 2 weeks?  

Then release them onto us in select provinces? Where they may feel free to fornicate with designated safe, disease and virus free women and men?

Is he really advocating this??? ? Or is this predicated on the preceeding headline of The Norwegian man who is so desperate for "Thai Sexy Tour" I mean his Thai GF, and warmer weather,  he falsified his entry documents? 

Ironic that these 2 articles should be combined in the same headline.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Does that mean they'll be heading straight to the GoGo bars in Cowboy then Pattaya?

any tourist arrival go directly to NANA or SOI Cowboy.

so it is not new.. bars are close and if open they are filled with grandmas.. the young beautiful girls are saved for the rich Thais.

so who wants to go to bars. And drink beer with an old lady.

sexy tours need to attract the good looking girls back to the bars. That is not going to happened. 

and not forgetting price...it is high for a short trick with them..

besides, they close the border with burma. so Burmese prostitute cannot come and work in bangkok.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

But wait, I thought they said the "quality tourists" weren't the ones after the "sexy tours"! They only wanted the ones after the five star hotels, temples, diving, and golf courses! So now barfines and short times are ok?

My "sexy tour" period lasted only my first three months in the LOS. Funds were draining rapidly. Chicks who weren't worth it. Looking for jobs and getting nothing. Was considering going home when I finally landed one out in the boonies, and ran into a lovely lady working at a restaurant, who'd end up becoming my wife.

the only thing that came to my mind is that the massage parlor are not get the tourist to pay their prices.. it must be the Thai customers are staying home banging their old lady.

or jerking off.

• Like 1

Sexy tours .... everyday when reading the local news from Thailand reminds me of a carry on movie ! High end tourists want privacy not tours in the red light districts ... arrive Bangkok 2pm arrive hotel  3.30pm maid will call service you around 4pm 6pm meet in lobby tour of the bars and agogo clubs will be followed with some adult playtime,.come week 2 everybody’s worn out ???????? 

Perhaps TAT gets more serious. I expect at tourist promotions in foreign countries at least ladymen standing there and saying "Hello sexy man. Where you go?" They could steal your valuables at the same time. Perhaps this would be too authentic. But TAT should present Thailand how it really is and not how it should be. You can't provide sex at every corner and at the same time sell nice temples. High value family tourists might be disappointed.