Bars and pubs in Bangkok to remain closed but it's good news for pub goers in the rest of Thailand

webfact

15 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No.  Alcohol consumption in restaurants/hotels is still prohibited in Bangkok and bars remain closed.

Unbelievable but massages are OK and regards social distancing the Thais aint got a clue . 

So if I cannot  get a beer in my hotel can I buy a beer in a 7 11 ? 

17 hours ago, manc74 said:

Are these people in charge for real? Massage parlours allowed to open with body contact but can't have an alcoholic drink with your meal. ????

Unless it''s to do with parade grounds or other military doo dahs, then NO! The people in charge are not real.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Most of those infected are migrant labourers from Myanmar - I doubt they'll be popping out of Bangkok for weekend beers!

The beer and bars may be open in Pattaya, but anyone who wants to go to Pattaya from Bangkok for the bars would either take a bus or taxi, and as far as I'm aware, there is a bit of hassle trying to get permission to travel in or out of Pattaya just now.

So it is only the Pattaya residents who will benefit.

1 hour ago, John Steinbeck said:

no, they didn't say you can dance with social distance observance, you are just making it up. Besides, sitting and chatting together at the bar table brings couples close enough to each other already. So everyone can see through this nonsense yet not everyone have guts to speak out 

Who do you suggest the gutsy folk should speak out to ?

17 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No.  Alcohol consumption in restaurants/hotels is still prohibited in Bangkok and bars remain closed.

Thinking I will postpone my trip and a week in Bangkok till things settle down a bit . BK sounds like a dodgy place to be at the moment covid wise along with swampy . 1 week is a long time in Thailand where the goal posts move daily . 

Not having a wine or beer with your meal in your hotel ? I assume water or a coke is allowed ?  Can you buy a beer from 7 11 and take away to your room to relax ?     Do these draconian rules apply in other Asian countries cos I am getting annoyed with these stupid Thai laws .   

On 1/29/2021 at 1:24 PM, JonnyF said:

OK, allow me to rephrase for the hard of understanding.

Time for a weekend away. From 1st Feb, will the pubs in Pattaya, Hua Hin and Kanchanaburi be open? 

I would really like an answer to the questions above.  Missing Pattaya.

17 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

My buddy who lives in Hua Hin says that during the week Binta Baht is

dead, he has only seen some bars open on Friday and Saturday evenings,

The place is like a grave yard, all over, except for the locals shopping at the

Food outlets, the malls are very quiet and  some businesses in them have

closed as well. He say it is quite depressing, but the weather is great.

He does not miss the snow.

Geezer

I hear the same from friends on the ground, depressing , and has been for months. He laughs at the ???? people that say it’s never been better!

On 1/29/2021 at 6:43 AM, webfact said:

It is bad news for pub goers in Bangkok with Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on Friday that bars and pubs in the capital will remain closed.

Bad news for anyone who does not know how to drive a car, ride a moped, hitchhike or buy a bus/train ticket.

I pity the 4 or 5 people who will be left in Bangkok next weekend.