Car Insurance Recommendations

DarrenSpencer

I had Roojai Insurance.  

A few years ago I rear ended a car.  All my fault.  Took my car in at Ford for repair.  Got it back a few months later--issues with parts, etc.

I then drive my car 1.5 km to my condo.

2 days later my car was driven at distance for the first time--200 km to Rayong.  The engine burned up and needed to be replaced.

Still in court as I think the insurance company and repair shop should take at least partial responsibility.  They say it was just bad luck (that the cooling system failed immediately after the car front end was repaired)....

Anyway, now I need insurance again and Roojai will not insure me.  Whenever I do their online quote and I get to including my email and phone number I am told they cannot offer me a quote.

Any other options?

9 minutes ago, ThaiDuck2 said:

I had Roojai Insurance.  

A few years ago I rear ended a car.  All my fault.  Took my car in at Ford for repair.  Got it back a few months later--issues with parts, etc.

I then drive my car 1.5 km to my condo.

2 days later my car was driven at distance for the first time--200 km to Rayong.  The engine burned up and needed to be replaced.

Still in court as I think the insurance company and repair shop should take at least partial responsibility.  They say it was just bad luck (that the cooling system failed immediately after the car front end was repaired)....

Anyway, now I need insurance again and Roojai will not insure me.  Whenever I do their online quote and I get to including my email and phone number I am told they cannot offer me a quote.

Any other options?

Renowned for being the best out there... 

https://www.viriyah.co.th/en/

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 9:08 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I have used AXA 3 years running and the annual premium goes down, not up, I also had a claim and they sorted real quick in the first year.

I go through AA Insurance Brokers here in Thailand for my car, house and private health cover, they found them for me and I paid them nothing, brokers are usually best to serve you as they deal with insurers all the time and can recommend good ones vs picking bad ones.

I did try the above recommended insurer that the TVF members recommended but I found them to be more expensive, I suppose depends on the car make and model ?

AXA paid out real quick and that's what matters to me, albeit that I had to pay the 5,000 baht excess/waiver to the panel beater first which was not an issue for me.

Good luck.

Roojai more expensive........?  ????

When I looked at Roojai for my truck, the total loss payout was 140,000 bht higher than who I was with...????

Edited by transam

20 minutes ago, transam said:

Roojai more expensive........?  ????

When I looked at Roojai for my truck, the total loss payout was 140,000 bht higher than who I was with...????

Roojai is cheaper in annual premium by about 5,000 baht for my vehicle, that said, I tend to stick with those that have paid out, as sometimes it's better to deal with those who have a track record.

Edit: No saying anything bad about Roojai as I know nothing of them, they might be great ?

The above said, is Roojai a Thai company, because if it is, I have had a friend who had his car ridden off, T-boned and the Thai company with the police negotiated a payout much less than his policy was worth, in other words he was told if you want to take us to court, you will wait for years.

I am not saying Roojai are not good, I just don't know of them, maybe others can tell of their claim experiences ?

Edited by 4MyEgo