Thailand on track to distribute locally made COVID-19 vaccines in June

rooster59

7 hours ago, internationalism said:

just  a world of warning came from germany - they don't to approve to be given to seniors over 65 years.

probably research wasn't done properly, i.e did not include those seniors, so it's biased.

But also many deaths of seniors after the the other vaccinations.

The problem is, that hospitals don't want to conduct autopsies, bodies are quickly buried or cremated and no further investigation will take place. In each country there are probably tens such cases, involving also patients in their forties.

There are also many reports of adverse effects. My very close family member just died after less than 48h after moderna, the other (medic herself) fell seriously ill

Any sources for those many reports of adverse effects ?

there were reports from sweden, some 28 deaths. It's a small population country and not leader in vaccinating. So there are many many more cases with large population and advanced vax programs.

Some other european middle size population country unofficial list is 14 suspected deaths within the last 10 days.

That's why german authorities are careful with astrazeneca. Link to articles can be easily googled, it was 3 days ago.

During the pandemic the previous medical standards are sliping, because medics are overstretched, one of the reason for no or not thorough autopsies.

There would also be pressure from the government not to expose cases, as not to scare the rest of the population.

Also within families there would rather be tendency for fast burial, rather than keeping bodies for weeks, possibly months, before saying farewell. There also might be financial costs for families insisting on keeping bodies. That at the time, when hundreds die daily of covid and mortuaries are full.

Still, most vax are emergency use. Only 3 are fully approved. Astrazeneca is still phase 2/3. So there is limited financial compensation from vax producer or health service in case there are serious adverse effects.

I am all for vax, personally I would chose sinovac, it would be, most probable, the first one available in thailand to foreigners. But at this same time I would keep stash of covid medicines, because vax known now can't prevent infection, they can only prevent serious symptoms. 

Edited by internationalism