Vaccine side-effects a major concern for people, poll shows

webfact

1 hour ago, richardperry said:

What happened to the "only being 50.3% affective" surly that should be big concern??? you don't know if you protected or not???

A very good point that I've mentioned previously. My worry would be that those that have had a vaccination shot will henceforth think they are immune. ('Ha ha Covid, you can't catch me!) Many might drop their guard, abandon all the precautions that we have become used to and then discover that it's not true.

There's a lot to learn yet about the long term ramifications of this pandemic.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

Rushed but no corners cut just processes streamlined more funds allocated. This is a pandemic. Do you really think the same resources went in normal vaccinations as what went into research now. They did more things parralel instead of in sequence this time to shorten times. Does not mean the same things were not done. Also the urgency was much greater so people put more effort in it.

I forgot to mention this virus is simular to an other virus so it was easier a lot research was done already. (think SARS adn MERS) so a lot of research was already done. Maybe you should find some more information before you discredit things.

I think that also the financial incentive was greater.  Imagine if the market for you product was potentially every person in the world.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

You present false claims.  Like "animal testing was not done" that you could have easily verified.  Makes it hard to believe your overall claims.  This isn't a personal attack, when you make claims about matters of fact in a public forum you are subject to fact checking.  

Let me re phrase, normal animal testing was not carried out. Normally the animal testing, pre clinical, takes 2 years. Work it out!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/1/2021 at 10:20 AM, robblok said:

Your saying that corners are cut ? Do you have proof because you say because the time frame was different corners were cut. While i just show that a different time frame does not mean corners are cut.

Corners were cut in the 'testing'', its not difficult to understand. No long term trials have been carried out, yet!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would not blame anyone who is worried about the after effects of this vaccine.

It was done in a hurry and of course we all know how much 'Big Pharma' is concerned about us!

Where ever it is made, the concern is justified.

I doubt any country would poison their citizens intentionally, on a mass scale.

Yes, I agree as someone said earlier on this thread - standing at the end of the queue is the best!

IMHO

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ravip said:

I would not blame anyone who is worried about the after effects of this vaccine.

It was done in a hurry and of course we all know how much 'Big Pharma' is concerned about us!

Where ever it is made, the concern is justified.

I doubt any country would poison their citizens intentionally, on a mass scale.

Yes, I agree as someone said earlier on this thread - standing at the end of the queue is the best!

IMHO

I would say now that 100 million people have been vaccinated its big enough proof that there is nothing wrong with the vaccines. (maybe long term but then waiting wont help either)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just start vaccinating people. There are millions of people around the world that have got the vaccine and no serious side effects.

We need to reopen the borders. The concern should be on people getting bankrupt. Poverty is increasing. 

Just take a walk walk in Pattaya, Phuket and Koh samui. Businesses are shout down for almost a year. people are unemployed. 

The tourism infrastructure is hurting badly. Many have left and those that are open are suffering.

We do not have the luxury of waiting and see. It is time for taking real steps toward attracting tourists back to Thailand. 

It will not be an easy task as majority of countries are still under lockdown.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

I would say now that 100 million people have been vaccinated its big enough proof that there is nothing wrong with the vaccines. (maybe long term but then waiting wont help either)

Yes, waiting is also not a option... agree.

The long term effects would be the worse.

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Then go get the vaccine for yourself. The more guinea pigs the better for those of us waiting for adequate evidence that the vaccine is safe.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sean60 said:

We need to reopen the borders.

So you are advocating the borders be opened at the expense of all to protect those in the tourist industry?

I think your argument is flawed and potentially self centered. Maybe the emphasis should be on a more sustainable employment than tourism. If you haven't figured it out, tourism is unlikely to return in any significant way. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

I will the moment its available. 100 million did already so no worries there. If you don't want to take it be my guest. I mean if you are no longer allowed to travel to many countries and you accept that then no problem.

Everyone should be allowed not to take it if they accept that they possibly could not come to certain countries have other restrictions. I don't see the point in forcing people as long as they accept that their decision will have consequences. 

If you say your will not to take that vaccine beats the opportunity to travel again be my guest.

"if you are no longer allowed to travel to many countries "

Yes, people should have the option of not getting vaccinated... but of course, Terms & Conditions apply!

Someone has to pay the cost of R & D and more, eventually...

As humans... we are gradually losing our freedom due to some reason... slowly, but surely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Forget it, it's nothing more than scare mongering created by a poll of a tiny proportion of the population.

By the time that the first Thais gets their Covid vaccine, millions of people around the globe will have had one, including the Chinese version. If there's a problem, we'll have heard about it for sure. 

WOW wish I was as confident as you seem to be about the Chinese freedom of information, same people who told WHO nothing whatsoever about Covid in China in last week's big survey Worldwide, Chinese response was "NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE ".

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:
3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Forget it, it's nothing more than scare mongering created by a poll of a tiny proportion of the population.

By the time that the first Thais gets their Covid vaccine, millions of people around the globe will have had one, including the Chinese version. If there's a problem, we'll have heard about it for sure. 

38 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:

WOW wish I was as confident as you seem to be about the Chinese freedom of information, same people who told WHO nothing whatsoever about Covid in China in last week's big survey Worldwide, Chinese response was "NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE ".

In what way did I show confidence in the Chinese version?

Best slogan of the week !!

Remember,  social distancing brings us all closer together 

( this is a REAL television proclamation) 

can't make these things up.   oops,  i guess they did !