Queen Elizabeth to host Biden before G7 summit in June

webfact

3 hours ago, Tug said:

That’s great imo I’m sure the Biden’s will be delighted to have an audience with the queen and she will be delighted it isn't trump 

I'm pretty sure she doesn't really care who the US president is, she has bigger fish to fry.

32 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I would rather he didn't come, but if our great Queen does have to accept this undesirable then I hope she tells him to sort out his own mess and stop interfering in the business of other countries, specifically regarding the Good Friday agreement.

If he insists on pretending to be Irish then he should at least be consistent in opposing a hard border which means vocally and unequivocally condemning the EU's recent triggering of article 16 to cover up their mishandling of vaccine procurement. 

He won't though, because he's Joe.

So much for the special relationship innit?

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So much for the special relationship innit?

The relationship is with the country and it's people, not some opportunistic, hypocritical, virtue signaling politician who has only been in power for a couple of weeks and who lectures foreign powers about agreements he likely hasn't read.

Edited by onthedarkside
disallowed social media content removed
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, J Town said:
On 2/1/2021 at 12:17 PM, Matreusse said:

Trump had more than one meeting with the Queen!

And embarrassed the US every time he went.

Not the point of my comment or the thread but that's just your opinion, I doubt that you represent the entire US.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well there are none so blind as those who will not see.

If you consider him a good politician then that's fine, I guess after Bush, Obama and then Trump you guys have set a pretty low bar. He was elected on the basis of not being Donald Trump, you could have stood Kermit the Frog for the Democrats and he'd have won, probably by a larger margin.????

But he should remain the US's problem, therefore I would prefer he stayed away from the politics of my country. Ideally I would prefer he stayed away from my country altogether, the sweet benevolent Grandpa act might work with US voters but it won't wash with the more savvy UK populace.

You obviously don't know much about American politics. Many political analysts including amateur me feel that Biden was the only candidate among the large democratic field that could have beat Mr. Trump. He had the right message for these times of historical division.

I am picking up that you are kind of a UK isolationist. That's your right but sorry no country is an island in the world. Even North Korea needs China. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

With President Biden his innocent gaffes are a feature not a bug. Most people can relate to him better because of showing he is an imperfect human being like they are. The truth is that being super bright and the American Presidency aren't necessarily a good fit.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed

Some off topic, inflammatory /troll posts have been removed also some replies.

Please stay on topic here it is again in case you forgot:

Queen Elizabeth to host Biden before G7 summit in June

• Thanks 1