Bank book needed for retirement 90 day reporting?

I obtained a retirement extension in November and I've just read somewhere that the bank book needs to be shown for 90 day reporting. 

Q1) Is this correct?

I took the option of letting the agent temporarily show the money in my account to avoid bringing it into the country, and I'm now living in a different province.

Q2) If the bank book is required, should I return to the province of my retirement extension to do 90 day reporting and hope whatever the agent did remains valid?

There is no written rule that you have to prove the 800k baht is still in the bank for 3 months after you apply for a extension. It has nothing to do with 90 day reports in anyway.

Unless your local office has informed you that it was wanted you do not need to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP, you used and agent to cover (get around) the money in the bank requirement. Nothing wrong with that. Look in your passport and note which office did your extension. Good chance it is not where you were living when you obtained your extension. You would need to do a TM30 for where you currently live to do your 90 day reports.

The 90 day report has nothing to do with money in the bank requirement.

• Like 1

OP, 2 further questions to complement yours:-

Q3) At which immigration office did you obtain your retirement extension last November?

Q4) Within the catchment area of which office do you now live?

Edited by OJAS