Couple in Isaan used regular printer to create fake 100 baht notes

webfact

Couple in Isaan used regular printer to create fake 100 baht notes

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A married couple from the north east of Thailand have been caught counterfeiting 100 baht notes. 

Our picture courtesy of Daily News shows Suphansa, 30, and husband Wa, 29 doing some pointing in case there be any doubt.

They had been using a normal printer with some quality ink after downloading images from the internet.

They then put the fake money in online top-up terminals to get credit in an electronic wallet.

This was then sold onto games players and gamblers. 

The terminals were only able to detect fake 1000 and 500 baht bills. 

100 baht notes passed. 

The case came to light after Thailand's tech police were informed that people were using fake notes across the north east in Sisaket, Ubon Ratchathani and Yasothon. 

This couple are from Ubon and were arrested after a warrant was issued in Kantharalak district of Sisaket.

It is the second such case reported by Thaivisa in recent months. 

Daily News noted this was a repeat of cases using terminals that are called "tuu bun term" in Thai. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-04

2 hours ago, webfact said:

They then put the fake money in online top-up terminals to get credit in an electronic wallet

Just for a computer Thicko.......what is a online top up terminal?.....where do you actually deposit the cash ?    Is it in a machine?

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2021 at 10:36 AM, ChakaKhan said:

Whats the name and model of the printer?     Gonna personally revive the downtrodden sex industry and get me an Elite Visa....can also use some to stuff brown envelopes! ????

tThe main problem is the paper not the printer nowadays many printers wouldprobably be able to print it more or less properly the paper is another story

11 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

tThe main problem is the paper not the printer nowadays many printers wouldprobably be able to print it more or less properly the paper is another story

I think I actually got a fake $1 usd the other week..I noticed it looked darker and felt plastic like Vietnamese money.....the automated water machine wouldn't even take it....