Haze is expected to choke Bangkok until next week

webfact

2157e96e50b480390cc074e3dd09ae12_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Haze is expected to choke Bangkok and northern parts of the country until Monday next week, due to changing atmospheric patterns and trans-boundary haze outside the country.

Centre for Air Pollution Mitigation (CAPM) member and permanent secretary of the Prime Minister’s Office Theerapat Prayurasiddhi said the Pollution Control Department’s (PCD) monitoring equipment had detected over 4,000 hotspots in Cambodia.

He said the department has asked the ASEAN Secretariat in Jakarta, Indonesia to look into them.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2021-02-04

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

2157e96e50b480390cc074e3dd09ae12_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Haze is expected to choke Bangkok and northern parts of the country until Monday next week, due to changing atmospheric patterns and trans-boundary haze outside the country.

Centre for Air Pollution Mitigation (CAPM) member and permanent secretary of the Prime Minister’s Office Theerapat Prayurasiddhi said the Pollution Control Department’s (PCD) monitoring equipment had detected over 4,000 hotspots in Cambodia.

He said the department has asked the ASEAN Secretariat in Jakarta, Indonesia to look into them.

DPm P responded to calls from the gasping populace responded:  I've asked them not to burn-off , but what can I do!!

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2021-02-04

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Amazing, and how many "hot spots" has the CAPM and PCD detected in Thailand? ????

This is getting ridiculous.  I would ask a very simple question.  If we are blaming this on Cambodia, why is it showing red all around Bangkok from east, west and north and also around Chaing Mai but not elsewhere?  Are these locations magnets for Pollution?  Does it constantly drift in from Laos, China, Myanmar by all winds blowing to these locations?  The Pollution Control Department is nothing more than a front for misinformation from the mega corps controlling the sugar and general crop industry.  They know they can do something about it but they refuse.  Tragic - we are making plans to exit - because as humans we need to breath.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

This is getting ridiculous.  I would ask a very simple question.  If we are blaming this on Cambodia, why is it showing red all around Bangkok from east, west and north and also around Chaing Mai but not elsewhere?  Are these locations magnets for Pollution?  Does it constantly drift in from Laos, China, Myanmar by all winds blowing to these locations?  The Pollution Control Department is nothing more than a front for misinformation from the mega corps controlling the sugar and general crop industry.  They know they can do something about it but they refuse.  Tragic - we are making plans to exit - because as humans we need to breath.

The past 3 mornings at our house in north west Bangkok I have taken PM2.5 readings in the garden at 8am using two good quality meters. It's been over 200 each day and I can smell burning straw in the air.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Where do you plan to exit to?  

4 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

We have two options - go back home to Aus or go to Phuket.  Seems Phuket gets semi-clean air for almost the whole year.  Any advice?

I wish I had some.  I've been looking at Hua Hin but on some days the air quality looks worse than Bangkok.  I need a decent international school nearby, and although I believe there are some in Phuket, I've never fancied it as anything other than a holiday location.  Returning home (for me, the UK) is not an option!  Good luck.

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I wish I had some.  I've been looking at Hua Hin but on some days the air quality looks worse than Bangkok.  I need a decent international school nearby, and although I believe there are some in Phuket, I've never fancied it as anything other than a holiday location.  Returning home (for me, the UK) is not an option!  Good luck.

Same for us but Phuket looks like one of the last breathable places in Thailand.  We love Koh Chang and Koh Phangan.  Koh Phangan has an international school to I think yr 9.  However both are mired in pollution ????