Trump's impeachment trial lawyers aim to shift blame; Democrats say he has no defense

webfact

2 hours ago, watthong said:

Yes, I absolutely concur, these people are not my friends, they are enemies of the (American) people, pontificators of fake news, according to my master. Those who love him unconditionally, for instance the Proud Boys, are my true compatriots, cause we are "very special" people along with the Qanon followers, such as Marjorie Greene, who inspite of stalking a teenage school shooting survivor, recently announced publicly that school shootings are not staged, they really happened (if not for certain political purpose), same goes for 9/11 and that dems are idiots - or more like pesky gnats need to be swatted out for obstructing her agenda.

And last but not least Cruz, Graham, Hawley, Gosar and the likes are true national heroes who will bring day of reckoning to the American political system. The storming of the Capitol is only a dry run which has proved that the final coming is totally conceivable and well on its way, where Trump would rise up from the sea on a half-shell (hopefully fully clothed) to the disco tune of "Gloria" of course.

Careful now, Watthong, some people on this forum are somewhat irony impaired, to say the least .......

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, candide said:

Is there a sun ray?

"A Capitol riot suspect known as the "QAnon Shaman" said he was "deeply disappointed" in former President Donald Trump for not being "honorable." ????

https://news.yahoo.com/capitol-riot-suspect-known-qanon-070146912.html

To think that clown is headed for the history books. The shaman I mean. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Why did  Trump, when witnessing violence on live TV not immediately go live and demand his followers stand down, or at least fart out a  tweet? He was in fact cheering them on, overjoyed imho. We need an inquiry to determine exactly what Trump was doing minute for minute during the insurrection similar to the dozens of Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi inquiries as a directed against HRC by the vast right-wing conspiracy.

Minute for minute during the insurrection would be nice, but I would prefer to see day by day before the insurrection.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Careful now, Watthong, some people on this forum are somewhat irony impaired, to say the least .......

The problem is, unless you remark a post is sarcasm, some here DO believe the former president (he hates that term) walks on water.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

How can they leave out the "peacefully and patriotically" order Trump gave the crowd? It is just so dishonest. Goes way beyond spinning a narrative to suit their needs , it is more akin to pushing an entirely false narrative if they leave out his orders for the crowd to behave. Total disgrace.

You really arent saying nice things about your fellow trump supporters, saying they were too dumb to know it was peaceful.

Perhaps it was antifa.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, J Town said:

The problem is, unless you remark a post is sarcasm, some here DO believe the former president (he hates that term) walks on water.

"...well on its way, where Trump would rise up from the sea on a half-shell (hopefully fully clothed) to the disco tune of "Gloria", " was my sarcasm flag at the end of said post. But then for people who think Trump walks on water, that might have rung true! Touche'.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

???????????????

Sooooo, can't work when a Jew wants to observe the Jewish holy day, but it's OK to work on the Christian holy day? Something is wrong here IMO. If it's necessary to pause for one religion, it should be necessary to stop for all 3. So, no work on Friday, Saturday or Sunday seems fair to me. Just as well Buddhists and Hindus don't have a holy day ( far as I know ) then.

It was a request! Could have been denied. No one else made a request. Buddhist don't have a holy day?

On 2/10/2021 at 1:45 PM, ExpatOK said:

The Democrats selectively spliced together a bunch of random scenes and left out President Trump's calls for a peaceful protest. The American people will see through this and this entire charade has no chance of success. 45 Senators have already declared it unconstitutional so it's DOA.

Indeed.

I remember a few posters making comments to the effect that Trump was gone and forgotten on 21 January, but seems that despite not having social media anymore, the Democrats are giving him all the airtime he could wish for. Biden must be "annoyed" that while this is on his agenda has come to a halt, and all the media attention is now on Trump. I hope they do allow witnesses to be called and it goes on for weeks and weeks.

I watched some of the trial, but they were just saying the same thing over and over, and showing the same VDOs that we've seen ever since 6 December, so I got too bored to continue watching.

I wonder what odds the bookies are giving for a conviction- I'm guessing that unless the Democrats can provide some actual evidence of Trump saying to someone else that he wanted the violence or to see Pence killed the result will be the same as at the first trial.

Most politically aware people would, IMO, understand that saying "fight" in a political context is on the same level as sports people "fighting" and  "battling" on a playing field. I'm pretty sure politicians of all parties use such language during campaigns.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed.

I remember a few posters making comments to the effect that Trump was gone and forgotten on 21 January, but seems that despite not having social media anymore, the Democrats are giving him all the airtime he could wish for. Biden must be "annoyed" that while this is on his agenda has come to a halt, and all the media attention is now on Trump. I hope they do allow witnesses to be called and it goes on for weeks and weeks.

I watched some of the trial, but they were just saying the same thing over and over, and showing the same VDOs that we've seen ever since 6 December, so I got too bored to continue watching.

I wonder what odds the bookies are giving for a conviction- I'm guessing that unless the Democrats can provide some actual evidence of Trump saying to someone else that he wanted the violence or to see Pence killed the result will be the same as at the first trial.

Most politically aware people would, IMO, understand that saying "fight" in a political context is on the same level as sports people "fighting" and  "battling" on a playing field. I'm pretty sure politicians of all parties use such language during campaigns.

I found an example of the New York Times using "fighting" language, or is it different for them because they are not Trump?

The Democrats Are United to Fight Trump, but Policy Fights Are Looming

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/25/us/politics/democrats-policy-fights.html

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

???????????????

Sooooo, can't work when a Jew wants to observe the Jewish holy day, but it's OK to work on the Christian holy day? Something is wrong here IMO. If it's necessary to pause for one religion, it should be necessary to stop for all 3. So, no work on Friday, Saturday or Sunday seems fair to me. Just as well Buddhists and Hindus don't have a holy day ( far as I know ) then.

As a side comment Scheon is an Observant Orthodox Jew. I read an article today mentioning how he touched the top of his head every time he drank some water during presentation, apparently it's a ritual Orthodox Jews practice. BTW - Unaware of Buddhist Holy Days??? How long did you live in Thailand?

• Like 2