Phnom Penh police to strengthen management of foreigners and crack down on crimes

geovalin

The Phnom Penh Municipal Police held a meeting to strengthen the management, research and crack down on crimes caused by foreigners on Friday. According to the National Police’s Facebook page, Phnom Penh Municipal Police held a meeting to assign a working group to strengthen the control of foreigners working and staying in Phnom Penh. This is to strengthen the effective implementation of immigration law, transparency of illegal migrants and research to crack down on crimes committed by foreigners.

According to the 2020 Phnom Penh Municipal Police report, there are 16,305 foreigners in Phnom Penh, including 4,780 women, of 99 nationalities. It said there were 85 crimes committed by foreigners last year and 198 arrests. Offences included one case of aggravated theft, one case of murder, two cases of rape, 12 cases of kidnapping, one case of intentional homicide, 24 cases of theft, 10 cases of fraud, 16 cases of intentional violence, three cases of illegal use of weapons, eight cases of drug trafficking, two cases of destruction of property of others, three cases of gambling, one case of arson and one case of posting explicit pictures online.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50811876/phnom-penh-police-to-strengthen-management-of-foreigners-and-crack-down-on-crimes/

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

smells like another <deleted> nationalist PR exercise from another tin pot

News Flash-Tin Pot stolen by filthy diseased Grandpa...when in custody Grandpa said he needed a pot to pee in......Bail set at 100 trillion..Film at 11......stay tuned for updates

That place is the epicentre of rape and gang violence against woman and young girls, in the vast vast majority of cases this is carried out by Cambodian Nationals. A statement, freely available on U Tube, made by the Commissioner of Police, in charge of Violence against woman and female Trafficking said that Cambodian men do not rape or use violence against women, ever.  Enough said.  Its a massively corrupt dump of a place and best avoided at all costs. 

41 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Thank heavens this could never happen in LoS.

Thankfully, I think you are right. Despite all the criticism thrown at the Thai Authorities, they are not that stupid, close minded, or xenophobic, despite what many may think. 

Intentional homicide?  Maybe best a innocent gent like me avoid such a place. 

I do think many losers go to countries like cambo and nearby.  I have no doubt they need to watch out for the bad apples.   Sounds like a  recent playbook they are following. 

20 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Intentional homicide?  Maybe best a innocent gent like me avoid such a place. 

I do think many losers go to countries like cambo and nearby.  I have no doubt they need to watch out for the bad apples.   Sounds like a  recent playbook they are following. 

Bad apples , would that include  the many ex-pats , 

who have departed ,  Land of Smiles .?

Less hoops , and no 800K  reqd in a thai bank account , for immi ..

Fyi , Cambodia is my plan B ..

• Like 2

I'm not saying people who don't have a spare  and measly 800,000 k baht to put in a risky bank account are inherently bad. I just  think some of the people who have no better place to go may have some issues.    People who don't have resources or would be destitute in their home country are going to be easily tempted by criminal enterprises.     Not many people under 60, much less 40-50 are set for life.  And if they are by no swear of their own we see  so many examples and recent ones of rich Thai kids going the criminal direction.