No one left behind: Thailand gives biggest hint yet that expats will be eligible for COVID-19 vaccines

webfact

The two most highly rated vaccines at present, and not getting much coverage, are the Russian one Sputnik, which was shot down in flames in the beginning by scientific bodies. It has now been peer reviewed and passed with flying colours.

The second one is the Johnson and Johnson requiring one dose, easily stored and distributed and cheap.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/health/johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine.html

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00191-4/fulltext

5 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

It would be great if the Thai government were to provide free coronavirus vaccinations to all foreigners that are living here legally.  It should include those on PR, retirement visas, education visas, and work permit holders.  Whether this will happen remains to be seen.  If non-Thais were made to pay for the vaccine I would hope that the fee would be nominal.  

What about all the volunteer visa holders...at the rate it's going everyone here under 50 will be volunteering at their local barstool soon.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul  said that all  residents in Thailand, including foreigners could even be given the vaccination free of charge.

Could, but .........:coffee1: ''You no resident, you only married, have kids, only stayed here 15yr go next window pay 10,000 b, NEXT. 

16 hours ago, connda said:

Being the holder of both a yellow book and a pink ID card as well as being a registered patient at our local Amphur hospital -- I'll believe it when I see it. 
I've never received any free medical services from any Thai hospital be it government or private.  Never offered.  Never expected to be honest.

" I'll believe it when I see it."

Sums up this forum, the majority believe that if they are not aware of something, then it doesn't exist.

BTW. Free medical services do not come from any Thai hospital, government initiatives that may be conducted at a hospital under local government control. The mobile health units in this area usually operate in a temple, appointments obtained from the local authority.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, dcnx said:

Since private hospitals are allowed to get into the vaccine game, we’ll probably have a choice. I’m not putting the Chinese garbage in my body. I’ll hold out for a more trusted and effective vaccine.

Please!  Tell me which one to trust and go with then-  I am 90,  and want to get another ten years here if possible-  But most, are causing takers to pop off within twenty four hours- according to a Browser Today!

• Like 1

For me personally it doesn't matter if I have to pay for the vaccine or not, as my health insurance has already advised me that they will pay if I cannot get it for free.

What does matter to me, however, is that as many people as possible must be vaccinated, and obviously, not free for all will be counterproductive.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dontheturner said:

From what I am reading on the Web Browser Today =   Several people have passed away overnight,  after the needle-   ,  I am not convinced of the Efficacy of these various Covid Vaccinations,   Maybe at the Age of 90, I might prefer to take my chances??????

In trials some also died following injection with the placebo. Did the saline placebo kill them also? I haven't found evidence of a causal link between a covid vaccination and someone's demise

On 2/9/2021 at 10:45 AM, rabas said:

Paryut: "Does this China vaccine even work?"

Anutin: "Donno."

Today, Health and Concrete Minister Anutin announced the roughly 200,000 farangs in Thailand will be vaccinated, first.

Chinese vaccine is only 40 to 50% Effective, I prefer to wait for the Proper Vac.

• Like 2