No one left behind: Thailand gives biggest hint yet that expats will be eligible for COVID-19 vaccines

webfact

52 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well let's not knock it already it's good news to hopefully get rid of C19 in the Thai population.

I am not knocking it, but judging by past broken promises I will believe it when I see it happen and get my own A-Z jabs.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, tonray said:

I'm hoping the Chinese vaccine is all used up by the time they get around to expats, rather pay for Astra Zeneca vaccine then get a free SinoVac.

So you want to get vaccinated twice?

Is that what you're saying?

Pay for the AZ vaccine then get vaccinated for free with the SinoVac.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, EvetsKram said:

Just watch,  they may offer it but I bet it will only be to those with PR. Too many retirees here have multiple physical problems & are very high risk.  Many married have similar problems.  Many younger ones with work permits are covered by SS scheme & are relatively healthy.  It sounds a lot like this cheap electricity billing for 2 months,  very difficult to obtain a discount unless your useage skyrockets which negates the whole point.  It's all just for show

I don't think negative like you, I just get on with it. 

If I have to pay for a jab I will unless UK wants to pay Thailand for me. 

When jabs are available I reckon immigration will want people who renew their 1 year extension to be getting anoculated.

Govt wants to let tourists in who have be anoculated makes sense. 

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Paryut: "Does this China vaccine even work?"

Anutin: "Donno."

Today, Health and Concrete Minister Anutin announced the roughly 200,000 farangs in Thailand will be vaccinated, first.

Maybe you can order Spunic vaccine on EBay so no worries. 

• Haha 1

I would not be surpriced if fascist minded anutin will once again blame foreigners for the virus. 
those 63 mln are for less than half of population, as they are 2 shot ones. 
They would be rolling 5mln per month so over a year, starting from june. 
in a year time a booster will be needed. 
so clearly they are short and will blame unwashed, that includes farangs and burmese, for their fiasco

• Haha 1

“The 63 million doses of the vaccination are enough to cover the public, and it’s within our capacity to provide free vaccinations,” Anutin said. 

Thought there were more Thais that, surely if adding foreigners (including foreign workers from Cambodia and Myanmar). Then, it's a 2-shot deal, so the actual number of vaccines is half what's stated. Something doesn't add up right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul  said that all  residents in Thailand, including foreigners could even be given the vaccination free of charge.

All "residents", i.e., those few who are Permanent Residents. 

The rest of us, if you check your visa and visa extensions, are only here "Temporarily" (even if you've been supporting a Thai family for a decade or two). 
My guess is that for those of us here "Temporarily", i.e., most of us the reality will be:

฿฿฿ํCovid_Vaccinations฿฿฿ priced at two to three times the price of the vaccine available from the US, EU, UK, and the West.  And it will be mandatory in order to obtain an extension starting 2022.  I'd put bets on that. ????

Edited by connda

3 minutes ago, connda said:

All "residents", i.e., those few who are Permanent Residents. 

The rest of us, if you check your visa and visa extensions, are only hear "Temporarily" (even if you've been supporting a Thai family for a decade or two). 
My guess is that for those of us here "Temporarily", i.e., most of us the reality will be:

฿฿฿ํCovid_Vaccinations฿฿฿ priced at two to three times the price of the vaccine available from the US, EU, UK, and the West.  And it will be mandatory in order to obtain an extension starting 2022.  I'd put bets on that. ????

A permanent resident is a permanent resident.

The rest of us O, OA are temporary residents but not immigrants.

I own a residence here. No wait, I own two residences. I can get both the first and second dose.

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

A permanent resident is a permanent resident.

The rest of us O, OA are temporary residents but not immigrants.

I own a residence here. No wait, I own two residences. I can get both the first and second dose.

Temporary resident.? 

Your interpretation of your status or the official interpretation.? 

Take nothing for granted. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

But if everyone else has the vaccine, the rest of us won't need it.  The protection of numbers. 

This is correct of course. Also with new emerging strains it might be better to wait for the second or third generation of vaccines unless you live in an area with a severe threat.

To clarify, there are no areas in Thailand with a 'severe threat level', those areas are in Europe, the US and the other colder parts of the world.

If you're outside the major cities or what they call 'redzones' here I don't think you need the vaccine, nor will be offered it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

So do I and so did I.

THAN and THEN two completely different meanings. But a lot of people with and english speaking background have no idea when to use the correct word.

So you would rather have the vaccination then rather than now?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

So do I and so did I.

THAN and THEN two completely different meanings. But a lot of people with and english speaking background have no idea when to use the correct word.

"a lot of people with and english speaking background"

AN and AND have two completely different meanings.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

maybe... I tend to mostly speak Thai, mate... [that oz talk right?] you call friends mate? 

But, I would bet I got what the poster meant and you did not... understanding the meaning is better than being overly picky at syntax, word usage and grammer... 

Mate is a common British term

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1