UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

All oil is priced in USD.

If you don't the US will invade you and put a puppet government into power.

Not all oil is priced in USD I don't think, there have been moves away from it (very small moves) [if that takes off that would have a very significant impact on the USD].  Regardless, if the market for the oil is completely internal and not exported -- pricing it in USD seems silly to me, but then I am not an export... Anyways, if the Scottish oil is priced in USD and it is sold in USD then there would be no need to buy GBP at all (no demand at all down from less demand) as the oil revenue would be in USD and would not likely be converted (with the exception of the profits being repatriated by the oil company - if they repatriate it and not leave it in a Scottish corporation).... the USD revenue would likely go into the USD denominated foreign currency reserves making up a portion of the foreign reserves backing the currency. 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2021 at 10:20 AM, Hi from France said:

indeed, in some way "the UK were members, friends, allies, contributors (financially and intellectually) for 40 years?", but right now relations are execrable, not just because the countries have no active ambassadors

note while things with Gove seemed to calm dow, the vaccine grab and the latest nomination of "take no prisoners" Frost sent horrendous signals, so it's dire and it very likely will get even worse.

and of the course there's Johnson, with his repeated insults and lies

image.png.e82dafb2fce35055a314b2a5edfaef26.png

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/24/boris-johnson-a-liar-who-will-seek-to-blame-brexit-costs-on-covid-says-diplomat

not only is Brexit itself with the UK breaking away from Europe costly, but it's an international relations disaster

...beyond the wildest dreams of the Chinese and the Russians

not good at all for the UK tax revenues either as we are talking about getting back in Europe the €681tn EU derivatives market, with a very strong reaction of the Bank of England (but I'm not sure what the UK can do about it, but escalating in other domains like fisheries).

now fisheries means millions, and in finance we're talking trillions, and the loss of the very confortable situation in which the UK used not to share the € with us, but reap the benefits..

6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I must have missed those comments.

Any examples?

here one example there are others out there search function works well

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Finally some answers to the question of what 'taking back control' actually means. Good to see Mr Kipling leading the way to our gloriously resurgent Britain. 

EvdkvdDWYAE-e1O.jpg.4288f9c353b7a97210cf4f5a6dc25109.jpg

I hope none of the ingredients come from the EU.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

here one example there are others out there search function works well

Hardly stating a "preference to Gove over Frosty" except for a comparison of their diplomacy, or lack of it.

Not really an example of being "100% against frosty taking over from Gove."

Certainly not anyone "cacking themselves that Frosty has taken over from Gove!"

Any more examples? Or do you expect others to do your research for you? If there are as many posts of this nature as you claim, should be easy for you to find!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

search function works well

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Any more examples? Or do you expect others to do your research for you? If there are as many posts of this nature as you claim, should be easy for you to find!

I have just done a search using "Frost and Gove" and found no posts to justify your statements.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Hardly stating a "preference to Gove over Frosty" except for a comparison of their diplomacy, or lack of it.

Not really an example of being "100% against frosty taking over from Gove."

Certainly not anyone "cacking themselves that Frosty has taken over from Gove!"

It not my fault you only view these forums once a week, as I have suggested there is a search option on this forum, I suggest you use it as its only you asking for the information and I have no intention of doing your work

20 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I have no intention of doing your work

You are the one making the assertion, it is up to you to provide the evidence. Yet again, though, a Brexiteer is reluctant to so do! The reason why is obvious.

However, as I said, I did a search anyway, whish provided nothing to justify your assertion.

19 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

you should have tried Frost

"Gove and Frost" turned up posts containing both names and posts containing just one or the other.

However, in the vain hope of you retracting your absurdity, I've now taken your advice and searched for "Frost" only. None of the 11 posts returned* justified your assertion in any way.

BTW, I didn't just search this topic, I searched the whole World News forum!

*Since posting this link, more people have commented using his name.

Edited by 7by7
Addendum
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

you should have tried Frost

i just did ????...... oh dear...... a " Palace revolution "

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/lord-frost-replaces-michael-gove-as-minister-for-brexit-britain/ar-BB1dLLuW

2/17/2021 · Frost is far more radical than Gove." One member of the Gove inner circle pointed the finger at Lord Frost, suggesting he had been "grumbling" over Mr Gove 

• Author: Ben Riley-Smith, Camilla Tominey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

If that is the case and we know it wasn't they would be welcoming him back with open arms crying No we don't want deal with Gove we want to to deal with Frosty

and previous European and remainer posters on this forum have already stated their preferred preference to Gove over Frosty or are you calling out all those posters as liars

Wow. First of all I strongly suspect remainers or the EU really dont care if its Gove or Frost. Why would they? Neither will make a difference to the UK's position of weakness when it comes to dealing with the EU.

Secondly, I dont know who you are referring to never mind calling them liars. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

You are the one making the assertion, it is up to you to provide the evidence. Yet again, though, a Brexiteer is reluctant to so do! The reason why is obvious.

However, as I said, I did a search anyway, whish provided nothing to justify your assertion.

"Gove and Frost" turned up posts containing both names and posts containing just one or the other.

However, in the vain hope of you retracting your absurdity, I've now taken your advice and searched for "Frost" only. None of the 11 posts returned justified your assertion in any way.

BTW, I didn't just search this topic, I searched the whole World News forum!

I am sure if you search the entire Brexit threads you will find what you seek

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So we went from the search engine works well to its hit and miss?

Also its not really 7by7's job to find the evidence to back your claim now is it?

If you can't find things I am too lazy to show you, it is your search abilities that are at fault, not my laziness.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vinny41 said:

As we all know the EU isn't a state hence the status given to the EU ambassador to the UK shouldn't be the same as the German ambassador or the French ambassador

It's good to see the Europeans and the remainers on this forum cacking themselves that Frosty has taken over from Gove

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of your national populist government pretending to negotiate as"sovereign equals" while doing exactly the opposite. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

@Tofer, although you've quoted me several times while I've been offline, I can't be bothered to respond to each and every one of them.

Especially the one where you boast about your past in the building trade. Other than to say that you may not have claimed income support or even NIC credits when an unemployed builder, but if you never worked on the lump and/or did cash in hand jobs then you're probably the only builder in the UK who hasn't!

As the rest of you posts boil down to the same old whinge about the EU victimising us by not allowing us to keep all the benefits of membership after we left; I refer you to the posts made by others.

I'm not a builder, I'm a project architect, developer and property manager. So your slight is way off the mark, especially since I'm usually the one paying out not receiving. Since you obviously cannot support your theories, I'll treat your libellous insult with the contempt it deserves.

Obviously, debating / sparing is too difficult for you if you can't parrot others articles, and if this is an example of your capacity for original thought, I would stick to your usual MO in future.

My statement, or boast as you refer to it, was simply to correct your misguided perceptions, since you criticised the expat community in Thailand for sitting around on their backsides, in comparison to the UK benefits claimants, totally incomparable. However, I wish you full enjoyment of my fully paid up taxes whilst you sit around on your backside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Covid-hit Eurostar is at risk of bankruptcy

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Covid-hit-Eurostar-is-at-risk-of-bankruptcy-with-international-borders-closed-in-France-except-for-limited-exemptions

Maybe time for a name change Brexitstar or SterlingStar would be a good option

19 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Still it will be worth it if it gives all the Brexiteers a nice warm fuzzy feeling to know that such a petty thing was done.

Maybe they're just taking a leaf out of the EU's book...

19 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

The EU will not allow the insult to its ambassador to go unanswered. It will cost the UK something.

Usually does, with the EU's petty punishment regime.

I long for the day the UK retaliate a bit more strongly with tightening of the import controls.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Screen Shot 2564-03-03 at 06.46.23.jpg

"In the EU we have proper standards" -- and believe everything were told by Brussels...

Horse meat is beef, and chlorinated vegetables are good for you, but we won't have chlorinated chicken....  ????

• Haha 1