Car Insurance ( Car under finance)

burgerking

Hi

Have to renew the road tax and insurance on a car i have under finance. (second year)

I dont want to continue with the insurance company i am using now, as the insurance was part of the package when i bought the car and too expensive.

I know there are lots of options in Thailand regarding car insurance.

i see there are insurance policies like + plus  and the list goes on

My questions is... What's the minimum  insurance policy i need to show to renew the road tax on the car    

13 minutes ago, burgerking said:

Hi

Have to renew the road tax and insurance on a car i have under finance. (second year)

I dont want to continue with the insurance company i am using now, as the insurance was part of the package when i bought the car and too expensive.

I know there are lots of options in Thailand regarding car insurance.

i see there are insurance policies like + plus  and the list goes on

My questions is... What's the minimum  insurance policy i need to show to renew the road tax on the car    

The minimum is the basic compulsory insurance ‘Por-Ror-Bor’.... and costs somewhere in the region of 700 baht. 

Realistically - you don’t want to be driving with this insurance as you have very little financial and legal protection.

‘Por-Ror-Bor’ theoretically covers damage to other vehicles and medical bills of others up to a specified amount, it will not pay damages to your car - this is high risk when a lot of other vehicles don’t have insurance. You could find ourself victim of an accident which is not your fault and having to pay out for your own repairs. 

Without 1st Class insurance you have no bail bond, no claims assessor to deal with the fall out from an accident etc

Any foreigner  anyone driving here will be well advised to seek out 1st class insurance (and dash-cams).