New Zealand Maori leader ejected from parliament for not wearing a necktie

webfact

On 2/10/2021 at 1:25 AM, billd766 said:

.. . A tie is useful as a sling or a tourniquet in an emergency but useless for every day wear.

Old ties can be repurposed into a cod piece, especially if the lining is also silk.  Or turn them inside out.  I do that with wide ties, but you may make do with the skinny ones. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Phuket Stan said:

Maori arrived in in New Zealand in the mid 1200s AD.....according to legend the name Aotearoa means The Long White Cloud and was named this by one of the Chiefs wives as they approached the land

I hope you are not trying to say that Maoris have been in NZ for "thousands" of years then. Subtract 1200 from 2020 and it comes to 820 years by my calculation, but tell me if I'm wrong.

Aotearoa apparently only refers to the north island and not NZ in total.

4 hours ago, Sujo said:

There are some strange dress rules everywhere.

in my state in oz 20 years ago solicitors in court must wear a suit and tie. Female solicitors not allowed suit pants, must be a skirt.

Now that we can be any gender we wish, any male MP can declare themselves female and not wear a tie.

• Haha 1

[quote]

...Yet these incompetent muppets managed to make godzone the only country in the world to be covid free....

[/quote]

Off-topic, but a recorded 25 deaths and more than 2,000 cases doesn't make NZ Covid-free ????

That honour goes to Vanuatu with 3 cases/million population (no deaths) and Laos with 6 cases/million (no deaths).

Greetings from Laos ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2021 at 1:46 AM, Geoffggi said:

Like it or not, if there is a dress code then people participating should respect this code, I myself have be refused admission to places for this very point but I had to respect their point.

I respect his decision, if there are rules that are stupid, they should be challenged.  The lady sitting right next to him was not wearing a necktie and across the bench from him also... and they were not ejected -- so they have already made allowances...  the battle though is already over (at least as of 2 days ago) as male members of parliament do not have to wear neckties anymore.

• Sad 1

On 2/10/2021 at 12:14 PM, PatOngo said:

Neckties! The most useless piece of apparel ever invented, I have a hard time trusting people who wear neckties!

I have a hard time trusting those who wear the uniform of conformity 

As expected by the establishment .

Aka the brown tie brigade . Civil servants pension ...

20 hours ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

...Yet these incompetent muppets managed to make godzone the only country in the world to be covid free....

[/quote]

Off-topic, but a recorded 25 deaths and more than 2,000 cases doesn't make NZ Covid-free ????

That honour goes to Vanuatu with 3 cases/million population (no deaths) and Laos with 6 cases/million (no deaths).

Greetings from Laos ????

and no flue victims in Laos ? Sure ?

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

There are not many places in the world, that kept most of the good things from before, and added the good things of today.

NZ - godzone - is one of these places.

They emasculated men and added wokeness and PC. What's good about that?

BTW, NZ ceased to be God's own when Roger Douglas was wreaking devastation on the country.

Anyway, having the news cycle about ties takes the media eye off the disaster they are making with quarantine.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, elliss said:

I have a hard time trusting those who wear the uniform of conformity 

As expected by the establishment .

Aka the brown tie brigade . Civil servants pension ...

...........and shiny black shoes!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They emasculated men and added wokeness and PC. What's good about that?

BTW, NZ ceased to be God's own when Roger Douglas was wreaking devastation on the country.

Anyway, having the news cycle about ties takes the media eye off the disaster they are making with quarantine.

Most countries would be grateful for the kind of disaster afflicting New Zealand.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 7:01 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope you are not trying to say that Maoris have been in NZ for "thousands" of years then. Subtract 1200 from 2020 and it comes to 820 years by my calculation, but tell me if I'm wrong.

Aotearoa apparently only refers to the north island and not NZ in total.

You are very good at calculations.....nowhere did I say Maori have been in New Zealand for thousands of years......there is some history of Maori arriving in 950AD ledby a chief called Kupe