Survey highlights problems surrounding the taboo subject of sex in Thai society

webfact

Survey highlights problems surrounding the taboo subject of sex in Thai society 

9pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News said that a major survey marking Valentine's Day on Sunday showed a lot of sexual related problems in Thai society.

Issues covered in survey included:

Lack of condom use

Youngsters conned into sex via social media

Young people forced into sex by people close to them

Pre-marriage pregnancy.

Advisor to the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce Saowanee Thairungroj said that 1,234 people were asked questions and put into different age groups. 

It was no surprise that students (41.4%) said they would be out celebrating the "Day of Love”.

Older generations would be putting it on hold however with well under 10% anticipating a good time. 

When it came to the location for sex Generation Z (Born 97 to 2009 according to the media) favored their rented flat or a trip to the local "man root" (short time hotel).

Asked if sex before marriage was normal these days the youngsters mostly said that it was, while the oldest group, the baby boomers, were more staid saying "ought not to".

Asked if you'd accept it if your wife or husband was not a virgin at marriage, Gens Z, Y and X were quite similar with just over half saying they were fine with that.

The baby boomers went higher with 75% saying who cares if they are marrying soiled goods. 

Bangkokians (and surrounding area folks) cared the least about this but a majority of those in Isaan and the South preferred a virgin. 

The survey also showed sharp increases in condoms not being worn compared to 3 years ago. Far more people were getting conned into sex via social media or with family or close friends too.

Also nearly half said that there was more pre-marriage pregnancy and 43% said they had had sex before the legal age. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-11

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

I don’t think these problems are unique to Thailand. 

Soiled goods are fine before marriage, you have your turn and pass it along. You don’t want to get caught “holding the ball”. 

But for marriage it is preferable, you want a clean slate. 

So are you a 'clean slate' Mr Natai? Or is it OK for the boys but not the girls?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So are you a 'clean slate' Mr Natai? Or is it OK for the boys but not the girls?

Nah mate. Soiled hundreds of them. 
No women want to marry a virgin. They need someone with decades of experience in the art of lovemaking.

But I am reasonably clean

Thanks to antibiotics. 

I live in the South. And the majority of people agree with me according to the OP. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Never seen a Thai condom.  Only Durex at the 7-11.  Different sizes are available and size is easily seen on the box.  Durex 52mm, 54mm,  or 56mm have been available at the 7-11's for years.  You must have bought the 49mm which are very small

Is that the length ?

So easy to see  why this topic  ] here and  has turned into a  Farang "look at  my dick" session.

Sexis not  taboo topic in most places in Asia. Only taboo is direct talk.Or was like that.but now is changed from effect of sex tourists in some places. Always  seems to be  measure of comparing  illegitimate  data from western against  asian.  For  people westrn they measure price of available then support objection same as liars.

Always same . Poor Thai/Asian girl/boy so easy and  cheap. But bad people because  so many  get pregnant/damaged too  young. Things  made in China  so  <deleted>  an cheap  but   will  keep buying.

Who makes it  so?

2 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Is that the length ?

54mm is diameter.  Google says: Regular sized condoms usually range from around 52 – 54mm, meaning they'll fit those with a girth of around 117 – 121mm.

How to measure: Mark the string with a marker or pen at the point where the string comes full circle around your subject and is touching the string where you started. Then, you can use a ruler to measure that length of string from the end to the marked point to get the girth measurement.

Edited by Skallywag

14 hours ago, Skallywag said:

54mm is diameter.  Google says: Regular sized condoms usually range from around 52 – 54mm, meaning they'll fit those with a girth of around 117 – 121mm.

How to measure: Mark the string with a marker or pen at the point where the string comes full circle around your subject and is touching the string where you started. Then, you can use a ruler to measure that length of string from the end to the marked point to get the girth measurement.

Obviously you've forgotten your schoolboy maths lesson in how to measure the circumference or girth of a circle which is 2Pi R or Pi D. 

Assuming a figure of 54 mm diameter,  then 54mm x 3.142 = 169.6 mm or 6.67 inches, or for those from countries which still can't do decimals, about 6 and 2/3rds inches.

Feeling envious?  ????

PS  after all that,  I hope I've correctly remembered my maths from all those years ago!

Edited by Mister Fixit
  • Like 1