China will 'eat our lunch,' Biden warns after clashing with Xi on most fronts

webfact

12 hours ago, placeholder said:

This explanation makes no economic sense at all. China is a middle income country. It's economy is proportionate to its population. So while it has more people, it also has to have proportionately more jobs available. What's more, it's economy is growing quickly. If anything, demand for workers should be stronger than in other middle income nations where the economy is growing less quickly.

Anyway, clearly the system all about control. What do jobs have to do with denying people access to trains because they lack enough social credit points?

It's just staggering and pathetic the sort of mental acrobatics you're willing to indulge in to defend the CCP while at the same time defame your own countries. It's beyond sad.

TVF has been promoting anti-westernism for years now. I may be banned for this comment, but it's absolutely true.

Edited by OZinPattaya
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, ctxa said:

Mate, don't mix the Credit Score you get on financial apps like Alipay with 失信黑名单(Blacklist)

Only a judge can put you into that blacklist, and only when you owe money to a legally licensed financial entity. Everything else is something either twisted in purpose, misunderstood, or a half truth. 

Thing such as playing loud music, eating in rapid transits will worsen your so called Social Score, but that WILL NEVER prevent you from riding trains or booking flights.

Read properly, and read more.

I'm not a China basher and I acknowledge (and even sometimes admire) China's merits on several accounts. However, I don't think the issue is about "normal" offenses, It's about political offenses. Someone who commits "political" crimes will likely not be allowed to travel. And "judges" can do that too.

11 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

So you're willing to trust the Chinese CCP more than the "moronic US policy?" You all need to see a therapist, all you self-loathing white western men that are killing your own countries in the name of some vague notion of social justice.

What are you ranting about? I may not have been explicit enough so let's start again.

Now that they are not facing  Trump's moronic policy any more, they (EU, UK) may well agree with Biden on some smart coordinated approach.

Edited by candide
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OZinPattaya said:

The self-loathing amongst--let's admit, the financially advantaged amongst the SEA retirees who populate this forum--is palpable.

97% of you have the luxury of expatiating on Yankee politics because you're already wealthy enough to have nothing better to do than to haunt an internet forum.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

The self-loathing amongst--let's admit, the financially advantaged amongst the SEA retirees who populate this forum--is palpable.

From the financially advantaged amongst the SEA retirees who populate this forum, rather than self-loathing I would highlight how racist they can be sometimes towards the people of the country that hosts them without they realizing how racist they are being and even worse without realizing they themselves are immigrants ????

Edited by ctxa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

97% of you have the luxury of expatiating on Yankee politics because you're already wealthy enough to have nothing better to do than to haunt an internet forum.

My point was not about Yankee policy in general, it was specifically about Trump.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

Don’t fight guys. We could all agree arguing politics among us is pointless and won’t lead anywhere, and neither will it fix the current world issues ????

Just a pass time  in these boring COVID times. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

You can't resist telling us all how racist we are? I'd love to hear some concrete examples.

Nah, didn’t say you specifically. Have never seen any post of yours except for this one. But the Thai bashing on this forum from certain individuals can be seen from miles away: 

Typical post: 

Hey guys, my phone is not charging. Dead? 

Reply 1: Have you tried another charger? 

Reply 2: It’s normal, electricity here in LOS is awful, you probably aren’t getting enough  voltage to your charger. 

????????????

Edited by ctxa
  • Haha 2

Just now, ctxa said:

Don’t fight guys. We could all agree arguing politics among us is pointless and won’t lead anywhere, and neither will it fix the current world issues ????

Just a pass time  in these boring COVID times. 

You're part of the problem. It doesn't matter how insane, unhinged, irrational the Left becomes, there will always be the complacent normies like you to pretend they don't exist?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

You're part of the problem. It doesn't matter how insane, unhinged, irrational the Left becomes, there will always be the complacent normies like you to pretend they don't exist?

Politics only matter to me when I’m bored or with insomnia (such as right now), as a pass time. During other times I prefer to invest my time into what really matters: $ ¥ € £ 

But if you think you’re gonna change what’s wrong with the world with your debates in TVF, well, whatever floats your boat. I’d still be more than happy to come here and debate whenever I’m bored.

Edited by ctxa
  • Like 1

Just now, ctxa said:

Politics only matter to me when I’m bored or with insomnia (such as right now), as a pass time. During other times I prefer to invest my time, into what really matters: $ ¥ € £ 

But if you think you’re gonna change what’s wrong with the world with your debates in TVF, well, whatever floats your boat. I’d still be more than happy to come here and debate whenever I’m bored.

95% of you are Brits and Euros who pretend to be experts on American politics. The other 5% are cowardly Americans who won't stand up for their country. Any any rate, it's hardy worth anyone's time and effort to make a post on this sad anti-western forum.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, OZinPattaya said:

Are you one of the 3% who aren't wealthy enough but somehow manage at great personal sacrifice  to haunt this forum? I think I can speak for all of us wealthy time-wasters when I say that you are our hero.

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 2

On 2/12/2021 at 8:28 PM, tonbridgebrit said:

But what's best for the Asia-Pacific nations ?  China or America ? 
And what are they choosing ?  Surely, Thailand does have freedom of choice. And surely, Thailand is actually choosing China ?   ????

Surely, how?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Morch said:

How is the alleged change in posture 'global'? Does it include Russia? South America? Africa? All countries in Asia and SE Asia?

Trump is not 'likely' to be back in 4 years, other than in the imagination of his supporters. He might have a second go, or maybe not. Who knows. As for him winning such an attempt, time to replace your (probably) Made-in-China crystal ball toy.

The Chinese destroyed the Chinese culture 'as a people'? And here I was thinking they were Chinese. Kinda complicated. Maybe you meant the Communist Party in China? Who knows. Was their culture of old 'beautiful'? Guess not so much if there was enough sentiment to tear it down.

China's ways were well known to pretty much anyone with even a minor stake in things. Trump did not 'expose' anything new.

There isn't going to be any global universal fight against China. There's no common ground, there's no trust and there's no practical way of carrying it through. It's a fantasy.

Good luck