Beach side building on Walking street

Huckenfell

6 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

I have only ever been there twice but was certainly not impressed with those beach buildings on Walking street. Are they legal ?

When I lived there 90s everyone would say No....your building over a beach (yes a rocky beach)  then it became a world tourist attraction --like Bugis Street Singapore was for 30 years ,until they moved on it.

So I guess all is forgiven..(until they decide its not needed.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

A "Fine eyesore"

I'm interested to know what makes it an eyesore, umless you are driving past in a boat, you dont see much of it from walking st or even inside most of the buildings, 7/11 or a multi story nightclub is the same as the equivalent on the other side off the road, some of the restaurants have spectacular outdoor dinning out over the water

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I doubt that if you are being serious. Isn't there some mean line they use?  I was of the opinion they  were all illegally built over beach that they cannot possibly own. Not tried to walk down there, but surely it is every building from The Beer Garden to La  Notte. Even the satellite view from Google Maps suggests that. 

Yes, that part was a joke.

I still dont get why it worries people though, as a punter it doesn't make any difference to me. 99 % of the visitor's are probably unaware.

The beach belongs to the Royal Thai Navy, meaning that ALL buildings over it are encroaching illegally, but if sufficient payments have obviously been made then why not just leave it alone and allow the night scene to provide great entertainment to the willing hordes of tourists who love the way it was ????

• Confused 1

On 2/17/2021 at 7:28 AM, Huckenfell said:

One can have an opinion without having to sue......what a stupid remark !

Get outa bed on the wrong side this mornin... did we ? I have no doubt it was made tongue in cheek. We use to call it humour before all this "I'm offended" <deleted>.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Never really thought about the buildings when I down there at night I'm inside what is important is all the tits and ass.????

Untill one of these building collapse in the sea, you (And few hundreds tourists) included

if you could see how are the basements and the pilars under these building, with the cement and

the metals bars eaten away by salt and corrosion, trust me you will be very worried for your safety

On 2/17/2021 at 8:49 AM, madmen said:

Thailand is a developing country. It's not going to sit still in a time warp for the amusement of some expats or tourists. 

Let me correct you if you allow me

Thailand is a corrupt country, you can do whatever you want as long as you can pay enough money

to the right persons for that

• Like 2

On 2/16/2021 at 12:05 PM, Huckenfell said:

I have only ever been there twice but was certainly not impressed with those beach buildings on Walking street. Are they legal ?

Over the many years I have come to the conclusion that everything here is illegal whilst  simultaneously being legal.

6 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Untill one of these building collapse in the sea, you (And few hundreds tourists) included

if you could see how are the basements and the pilars under these building, with the cement and

the metals bars eaten away by salt and corrosion, trust me you will be very worried for your safety

What makes you think I'm a tourist!  I live here seen what you are talking you are free to your thoughts but if I thought like you I would have high blood pressure and dead by now. You might wake up and smell the coffee about Thailand outside of this W.S. the whole place is a <deleted> hole you think the other side of W.S. is any better. Have you not seen the latest picture of their promotion of putting wires under the road the whole place is underwater!

As noted I'm there for tit and ass and if it goes I at least would have some floating devices to grab on too?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

What makes you think I'm a tourist!  I live here seen what you are talking you are free to your thoughts but if I thought like you I would have high blood pressure and dead by now. You might wake up and smell the coffee about Thailand outside of this W.S. the whole place is a <deleted> hole you think the other side of W.S. is any better. Have you not seen the latest picture of their promotion of putting wires under the road the whole place is underwater!

As noted I'm there for tit and ass and if it goes I at least would have some floating devices to grab on too?

i never writed you was a tourist, if you read again slowly my post you could see i have separated ''you'' and ''few hundred tourists'' i even put ( ) to isolate the tourists from you lol

i live here too, for the same exacts reasons as you, and i agree with you, the whole place is a ...hole but please i recomand you to take a look if you can at these pilar under the building and you probably will understand why i am writing it's just a disaster waiting for happens

I can reassure you my blood pressure is ok and the coffee is good from my condo's balcony near Sukkum

Edited by kingofthemountain

3 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

i never writed you was a tourist, if you read again slowly my post you could see i have separated ''you'' and ''few hundred tourists'' i even put ( ) to isolate the tourists from you lol

i live here too, for the same exacts reasons as you, and i agree with you, the whole place is a ...hole but please i recomand you to take a look if you can at these pilar under the building and you probably will understand why i am writing it's just a disaster waiting for happens

I can reassure you my blood pressure is ok and the coffee is good from my condo's balcony near Sukkum

First, the way you wrote you and few hundred tourist doesn't come across the way you want second time quoted it doesn't make it any better.

I don't need to look at anything I've seen it and worse throughout Pattaya!  you think it is bad just go around to the canal!  To be honest I have a lot of stuff worse to think about than rust and a building falling down when I get a free night out with the endorsement from the Thai wife and kids the last thing I'm going to do is worry about a building falling down the danger I go through on my bike just to get to the tit and ass when inside I just want to cool down and be a handsome man again???? there is no comparison but thanks for thinking about my health.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

First, the way you wrote you and few hundred tourist doesn't come across the way you want second time quoted it doesn't make it any better.

I don't need to look at anything I've seen it and worse throughout Pattaya!  you think it is bad just go around to the canal!  To be honest I have a lot of stuff worse to think about than rust and a building falling down when I get a free night out with the endorsement from the Thai wife and kids the last thing I'm going to do is worry about a building falling down the danger I go through on my bike just to get to the tit and ass when inside I just want to cool down and be a handsome man again???? there is no comparison but thanks for thinking about my health.

No problem enjoy your ride mate

11 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

The beach belongs to the Royal Thai Navy, meaning that ALL buildings over it are encroaching illegally, but if sufficient payments have obviously been made then why not just leave it alone and allow the night scene to provide great entertainment to the willing hordes of tourists who love the way it was ????

It either belongs to the crown, or the public. 

I doubt the public received any payments yet they have been deprived of free access to the land...

If anybody received payments there  wasn't likely a rent  book, or a chanote that covered the beach area. There is also the area at the other end of Beach Rd that The Dusit Hotel claimed, but that is a rocky peninsular. I remember a pedestrian wanting to get to the Naklua side had to walk the long way around.... for a time the Dusit had built a bridge/ walkway around it to give access but it fell into disrepair... or the sea. A bit of an admission of guilt!