Do I Need to Register my Marriage in Thailand?

On 2/27/2021 at 10:35 PM, ivor bigun said:

As was said by Ubon joe ,if you want to be registered as married ,do get it done before you leave the USA .i changed over a year ago and to be honest it was easier just to fly back to the UK for a holiday and do it there ,rather than from Thailand.

I've filled out the form to have the marriage certificate apostilled by the US Department of State.  According to the US government website it will take 4 months for the paperwork to be returned to me. 

I've also order more official copies of my marriage certificates from the county where I was married. I'm glad I'm doing this now while still living here.  I'd hate to make a trip back to the USA just to sign a document in front of a notary public. 

I'll have these extra marriage certificates apostilled by the State of California and the US Government too while I'm here.  I never know who might want these documents in the future.

Thank you for the advise.  it's much appreciated.

On 2/22/2021 at 12:36 AM, upu2 said:

No it was in the 80's and may well still be true. Research it before you take a definitive stance. Things dont change quickly in Thailand if indeed they ever change.

I don't need to research it, I went through the process of obtaining a Kor Ror 22 from my local amphur several years ago. At no time was Bhuddism, or any other religion mentioned they just accepted the our legalized UK marriage licence.

18 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

I don't need to research it, I went through the process of obtaining a Kor Ror 22 from my local amphur several years ago. At no time was Bhuddism, or any other religion mentioned they just accepted the our legalized UK marriage licence.

Good for you

Archived