In the market for another All-In-One computer

giddyup

20 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

There are many places to buy refurbished computers in Thailand. The <deleted> shoot is in your mind.

In Pattaya? Give me a couple of names. A search turns up very little and what there is is in Bkk. Are you suggesting there is absolutely no risk in buying used computer equipment?

Edited by giddyup

46 minutes ago, giddyup said:

AFAIK there is nowhere to buy refurbished computers in Thailand, and buying used is a cr*p shoot.

Have seen many on both Shopee and Lazada.  Very reasonable prices that should be fine for most people.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=refurbished+computers&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.search.go.5cd724c5NgUwWV

https://shopee.co.th/search?keyword=computer

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Most have HDD, so would need to be upgraded. Not sure what kind of savings there would be. Think I'll stick with new.

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Most have HDD, so would need to be upgraded. Not sure what kind of savings there would be. Think I'll stick with new.

At this point in time it is still very expensive to buy new with SSD here as they are only offering in higher priced units last time I checked - and non gamers/extreme users do not need.  If you check YouTube for good desktops for upgrade and then search on Lazada or Shopee believe you can find some good values and yes even including the extra cost to upgrade to SSD.  But understand they may not be your cup of tea but for others it might fit the bill.  Cost is almost throw-away for a usable computer.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Seriously, you have no idea. If you don't know, ask. Jumping to conclusions without any information and knowledge is not wise.

You already spent money on an item not fit for purpose and you were ready to do the same again. If it weren't for the advice to fit an SSD, you would have thrown more good money after bad. You have fixed ideas based on your imagination; nothing to do with reality.

So keep an open mind, discuss, learn. That's what we humans do best. Don't waste it. ????

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

At this point in time it is still very expensive to buy new with SSD here as they are only offering in higher priced units last time I checked - and non gamers/extreme users do not need.  If you check YouTube for good desktops for upgrade and then search on Lazada or Shopee believe you can find some good values and yes even including the extra cost to upgrade to SSD.  But understand they may not be your cup of tea but for others it might fit the bill.  Cost is almost throw-away for a usable computer.  

Exactly, but we have so many people who base their knowledge on hearsay and then repeat it so that others base their knowledge on 'Chinese whispers'. Meanwhile people like us get excellent devices for next to nothing. Especially because of those who refuse to carry out even the most basic maintenance on their devices.

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

Seriously, you have no idea. If you don't know, ask. Jumping to conclusions without any information and knowledge is not wise.

You already spent money on an item not fit for purpose and you were ready to do the same again. If it weren't for the advice to fit an SSD, you would have thrown more good money after bad. You have fixed ideas based on your imagination; nothing to do with reality.

So keep an open mind, discuss, learn. That's what we humans do best. Don't waste it. ????

I bought my Lenovo AIO nearly 6 years ago and it served my purpose well for the time, but now I want to upgrade. I came on here with a question re a certain AIO I saw on Lazada and now know it's not worth the money. I haven't spent one satang as yet, because I'm here getting advice, so don't talk rubbish.