How to move pictures taken on an Android Smart Phone to a laptop ?

Speedo1968

For me the easiest is the cable. Simple, fast, no complications!

If there are many big files, BT can be painfully slow. 

Bluetooth and other wireless options are fine, but sometimes connectivity issues can occur due to many different reasons. Eg version differences. 

Edited by ravip

On 2/27/2021 at 10:56 PM, Speedo1968 said:

This is for Apple or Mac, I think.
There is an app called AirHandshaker but most reviews say that it has a tendency to delete photos.

Handshaker for Windows & Mac......

On 2/26/2021 at 10:21 PM, topt said:

Please correct me if I am mistaken but presumably if it is synching and you delete from your phone (eg you are running out of storage) would it not also delete from your synched devices?

Yes, you are wrong about that.... If you're using Dropbox on a PC and mobile devices, once the photos have been automatically uploaded to the Dropbox cloud and then synced to your PC, you can delete/remove the same files from the mobile device and they remain intact on both the Dropbox Cloud and the PC.

That's exactly what I regularly do... take photos with my mobile phones, let Dropbox upload them to the Dropbox cloud and my PC with Dropbox installed, and then delete them off my mobile devices entirely in order to save space on the mobile device. (Just make sure the files you delete are those from your Camera/DCIM folders, not those in the separate Dropbox folders within the Dropbox app.

• Thanks 1