Vehicle Inspection every year after five years?

On 3/1/2021 at 3:14 PM, Kwasaki said:

Yeah you can do that if you want. 

In our village we have an inspection place now the scoot is 540 all in for CTPL, road tax disc and pick it up 2 days later. 

They do big bikes and car/trucks too very handy.

Yeh these places are great for my old car, I now get my insurance from them also, No queuing, waiting around for hours, NO LPG cert needed, they charge me B200 for their service and B50 to post it all to me. Although I always check my own car before, as their check is only glancing underneath just like the Transport Office.

On 3/1/2021 at 3:39 PM, Mark Nothing said:

But you have to return a few days later if you have them renew the annual registration and license tag sticker.

You don't really have to return for B50 they post it to you.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

First time I had to do this year in Chiang Mai and was 7 years not 5. Basically checked brakes, lights and emissions and cost 200Baht.

Wow, this is the 1st time I have heard of this, our car is 5 years old this month and rego is due on the 15th, so will have to see what they say when we go for the renewal.

Car is regularly serviced and checked so no issues for us, I also know we have renewed our rego at Tesco/Lotus a couple of times on a Saturday as they provide that service.

I'm surprised that you had to pay 200 baht for them to check the above, shouldn't it be a free service ?

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Wow, this is the 1st time I have heard of this, our car is 5 years old this month and rego is due on the 15th, so will have to see what they say when we go for the renewal.

Car is regularly serviced and checked so no issues for us, I also know we have renewed our rego at Tesco/Lotus a couple of times on a Saturday as they provide that service.

I'm surprised that you had to pay 200 baht for them to check the above, shouldn't it be a free service ?

You won't have a worry this time or next year because your car only 5 years old. Mine just 7 year. I went to DLT and was told I need inspection certificate every year from now on.

Why should it be free? It provided by independent businesses approved by DLT to do inspection and I thought 200 baht quite reasonable.

Local inspection station for me is on the way to DLT so not a difficult process for me.

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2021 at 2:59 PM, Susco said:

I understand your concern. You now will have to fix those brakes, tail and head lights.

Don't make me laugh; we take our car in every year and all they do is open the bonnet, take the frame number and give us the ticket from the word processor !

Edited by trainman34014

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

You won't have a worry this time or next year because your car only 5 years old. Mine just 7 year. I went to DLT and was told I need inspection certificate every year from now on.

Why should it be free? It provided by independent businesses approved by DLT to do inspection and I thought 200 baht quite reasonable.

Local inspection station for me is on the way to DLT so not a difficult process for me.

Thanks, I thought the DLT did the inspection hence the reason I asked why should you have to pay, that is now cleared up.

I do recall now, that in the old country we had to get a pink slip from a mechanic when the new car was over 3 years old, and there was a fee, so 7 years is not bad, that said, will check with our mechanic if he does DLT inspections next time I am there.

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks, I thought the DLT did the inspection hence the reason I asked why should you have to pay, that is now cleared up.

I do recall now, that in the old country we had to get a pink slip from a mechanic when the new car was over 3 years old, and there was a fee, so 7 years is not bad, that said, will check with our mechanic if he does DLT inspections next time I am there.

Look for this sign.

rego.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

Don't make me laugh; we take our car in every year and all they do is open the bonnet, take the frame number and give us the ticket from the word processor !

The one I used in chiang mai checked brakes by putting on powered rollers which I guess rotates the wheels and check brake power. Checked all lights and also checked emissions at normal running and high revs.

• Like 1