Meeting Point, German restaurant,

Spaniel

1 minute ago, Natai Beach said:

For the  ambience and cuisine?

Ambience? You mean an extremely fat old German owner who holds court in the middle of the restaurant in his personal chair and footstool to support his gammy leg, surrounded by his acolytes? Should have a sign above the door, "Brits not welcome".

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, petermik said:

Worth going back for a reassessment perhaps....:cheesy:

I actually like German food. Having a German grandmother I was regularly fed sauerkraut and smoked sausages as a child. A favourite of mine but not on the menu unfortunately. Also one of my most memorable meals was herring and sautéed potatoes served in a traditional German restaurant in Hamburg. Also not on the menu.

• Like 1

Some off topic and libelous posts have been removed the OP is self explanatory:

Does anyone know if the Meeting Point restaurant, on the Dark Side, is open?

5 hours ago, polpott said:

Ambience? You mean an extremely fat old German owner who holds court in the middle of the restaurant in his personal chair and footstool to support his gammy leg, surrounded by his acolytes? Should have a sign above the door, "Brits not welcome".

Sounds tempting...might make a booking.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Is it still open?

It seems both are open. I went past Meeting Point a couple times in the afternoon 2 days ago and it had a few customers. Looking at Food Panda and Google Maps, it appears that Das Berliner is open as well.

Wolfgang the host is an old hand Bavarian. IMO he welcomes everybody including 'Prussians' and even Brits ????

The Meetingpoint is not a gourmet temple, but offers good home cooking.

With his daily specials for about 190 Baht including soup or salad I can't find anything to complain about.

• Like 2