Certified passport typically required for kror ror 22?

TPDH

Hi

When registering a foreign marriage to get the kror ror 22, do they typically ask for a certified passport? 

We called and asked about this and the branch manager said no. However, upon reading on this forum a lot of people say you do need a certified passport from your embassy. 

Would like to help but a little confused by your question. I assume you were married outside Thailand. Is your marriage registered by the MFI ? If it is you should be able to get the KP22 from your local Amphur. 

58 minutes ago, pagan1 said:

Would like to help but a little confused by your question. I assume you were married outside Thailand. Is your marriage registered by the MFI ? If it is you should be able to get the KP22 from your local Amphur. 

Yes, we got married in the US. Not sure what the MFI is or the KP22? 

I think we've got the process correct. We got an affidavit from the US embassy to certify our marriage certificate and now we're translating both of those two docs to later have them certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Next we just need to go to the local amphur and give them all docs to get the kror ror 22. But, the question is if I need to certify my passport or not at my embassy? Some posts on this forum says you do and some says you don't. 

11 minutes ago, TPDH said:

Next we just need to go to the local amphur and give them all docs to get the kror ror 22. But, the question is if I need to certify my passport or not at my embassy? Some posts on this forum says you do and some says you don't.

It all depends on your local Amphur, they are the auditors of what they want. If your local Amphur requires a certified passport copy, try another they may be able to do it without a cetified copy, worth a try.

Just got my Kror Ror 22. They asked for a certified and translated passport but I didn't have it. It was still fine though, seems like it's just to help them properly translate my name into Thai letters.