Teachers License Test?

On 6/21/2022 at 6:10 PM, Adam85 said:

Hi everyone,

I need to start studying asap else I can't teach anymore the Krusapa told me this week. So I'm just trying to make sure wherever I study is accredited by the Krusapa.

I've been digging for days trying to find a list of institutions the Krusapa will accept but found only two so far from this forum.

1. ST Teresa College - class doesn't start until June 2023.

2. SaintRobertsGroup - I emailed days ago but still no reply from them so I'm wondering if its even legit.

Can anyone recommend me where to study or how they managed to get the 5 year license?

Cheers for your time.

Adam

I see you wrote a long time ago, but I wanted to clarify if you found any more information? SaintRobertsGroup seems to be closed forever. Thanks.

Edited by camilla99

15 hours ago, camilla99 said:

I see you wrote a long time ago, but I wanted to clarify if you found any more information? SaintRobertsGroup seems to be closed forever. Thanks.

Looking on their website they still appear to be going ahead as usual. As far as I am aware everyone (that has completed their education qualification) is still in the same position as before - waiting for the next KSP exam.

22 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

That is my point. A teacher licence and a waiver are totally different entities.

To say one must have a licence to teach is wrong.

Uhuh, but once your waivers run out, you are <deleted>.

10 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I really don't understand why you quoted me. You comment makes no sense in connection to mine.

You are saying there is no connection between the temporary teaching license (i.e. waiver) and the full teaching license.

I am saying, there is.

Because when your waivers run out, you can't teach at most schools.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 12:38 PM, youreavinalaff said:

Once you run out of waivers, you do need a full license to teach.

And that is precisely what this thread is about, incase you hadn't noticed.

It's about: sitting the test, to get the license, to be able to continue teaching.

On 9/26/2022 at 12:38 PM, youreavinalaff said:

That is my point. A teacher licence and a waiver are totally different entities.

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

You are saying there is no connection between the temporary teaching license (i.e. waiver) and the full teaching license.

I am saying, there is.

Because when your waivers run out, you can't teach at most schools.

54 minutes ago, 2009 said:

It's about: sitting the test, to get the license, to be able to continue teaching.

You are required to have a teaching license to teach.  The waiver simply postpones the requirement, one year at a time.  After a maximum of six years, you can no longer apply for a waiver and must have the teaching license.  Failing this, you will be seeking other employment.

I just heard about one case today who had reached her six years of waiver and, either not wanting to spend the money, or not having it to spend to get her teacher-education courses to have the license, ended up leaving the teaching environment to sell mobile phones.

41 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

You are required to have a teaching license to teach.  The waiver simply postpones the requirement, one year at a time.  After a maximum of six years, you can no longer apply for a waiver and must have the teaching license.  Failing this, you will be seeking other employment.

I just heard about one case today who had reached her six years of waiver and, either not wanting to spend the money, or not having it to spend to get her teacher-education courses to have the license, ended up leaving the teaching environment to sell mobile phones.

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

If you both would like to look back at the post I quoted, the poster said you need a licence to teach, full stop, no ifs or buts.

I merely pointed out that it is not a requirement and one can start to teach on a waiver.

@AsianAtHeart waivers are valid for 2 years. Not "a year at a time".

45 minutes ago, AsianAtHeart said:

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

If you both would like to look back at the post I quoted, the poster said you need a licence to teach, full stop, no ifs or buts.

I merely pointed out that it is not a requirement and one can start to teach on a waiver.

19 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Buddy, the point you are trying to make is off topic and completely redundant.

This thread is for people who want to (or need to) sit the teaching license test in order to keep their jobs and continue teaching.

Clearly you aren't affected by this (yet) and are just trying to push an unhelpful point on this thread.

Believe me: if anyone is looking to (or needing to) sit this test in order to continue teaching at their school, they are already very well aware of the waivers you are trying to inform us about -- in fact they have probably already burned through several of them!!

But thanks for enlightening us. Lol.

Now, that your point has been acknowledged, do you think maybe we can continue talking about the test?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2009 said:

Buddy, the point you are trying to make is off topic and completely redundant.

This thread is for people who want to (or need to) sit the teaching license test in order to keep their jobs and continue teaching.

Clearly you aren't affected by this (yet) and are just trying to push an unhelpful point on this thread.

Believe me: if anyone is looking to (or needing to) sit this test in order to continue teaching at their school, they are already very well aware of the waivers you are trying to inform us about -- in fact they have probably already burned through several of them!!

But thanks for enlightening us. Lol.

Now, that your point has been acknowledged, do you think maybe we can continue talking about the test?

Surely if someone quotes a post, it's on topic.