Apophis asteroid. Who knows if we can see it in Thailand tonight March 5, 2021?

holy cow cm

Anyone know if the Apophis asteroid is viewable from Thailand tonight? And if it is, where do we exactly look and what time? I have binoculars and a telescope, and for some reason think that looking in the direction of the moon is the place. But would rather be more spot on for where and the actual best time, although I will extend my outdoor backyard drinking time to accommodate this viewing.

3 hours ago, KC 71 said:

Not sure,didn't know anything about it .What sort of time frame ???????? ?

Yes it is only the biggest asteroid to come very close to earth. Size of 2 USA football fields. But it has a trajectory and I think we may or may not to be able to see it tonight. 

Was quite surprised by your thread title.

Apophis, never noticed/remembered before.

So a quick browse and it seems there is no chance to see this "big rock" with the naked eye? (if that is what you expect)

Should have got some publicity otherwise?

There seem to be some online streams from observatories or so to see a little dot among thousands of others.

Was a bit shocked that we escaped doomsday.

And the good news: doomsday 2036 ruled out, chance for 2068 very low.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Believe it or not, but they say it will come closest on Friday the 13th(!), 2029 :tongue:

31750 km from surface. Thats within(!) the sphere where geostationary satellites (TV satellites e.g.) are.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Was quite surprised by your thread title.

Apophis, never noticed/remembered before.

So a quick browse and it seems there is no chance to see this "big rock" with the naked eye? (if that is what you expect)

Should have got some publicity otherwise?

There seem to be some online streams from observatories or so to see a little dot among thousands of others.

Was a bit shocked that we escaped doomsday.

And the good news: doomsday 2036 ruled out, chance for 2068 very low.

Hi K. BENQ. I have binoculars and a telescope. Do you want pictures of them? I like to see the stars and things. And I like to show my kids. I have always loved the stars, planets, satellites and sunrises and sunsets. 

Don't think too much... I am famous outside of TV in a sense already.

Just now, holy cow cm said:

Hi K. BENQ. I have binoculars and a telescope. Do you want pictures of them? I like to see the stars and things. And I like to show my kids. I have always loved the stars, planets, satellites and sunrises and sunsets. 

Don't think too much... I am famous outside of TV in a sense already.

BTW K. BENQ. I also have Star Tracker as an app I then can easily locate and then see in reality after in my 2 apparatuses. Again, don't think too much as I do not seek notoriety unless genuine. And even then don't care. Thanks for your input. You are real.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Believe it or not, but they say it will come closest on Friday the 13th(!), 2029 :tongue:

31750 km from surface. Thats within(!) the sphere where geostationary satellites (TV satellites e.g.) are.

Khun BENQ.... Not the point as if you can rationalize, this time is the closest point ever - ever  to date.