SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Victornoir said:

In France, Marine Le Pen's “National Rally” party has given up on leaving the EU and even the euro. Brexit has ridiculed this claim of leaving a united and strong group for very dangerous isolation.

But our country remains independent and participates actively in the 27 movement. For us, Scotland has always been an ally and friendly nation and we wish to keep these links for a common future.

France should leave and join up with the UK (with or without Scotland). 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sujo said:

He was born in US.

Off topic i know but think he moved to oz at about 13.

Nicole kidman, hong kong i think. Sam neill, russell crowe, kiwis.

Bee gees, british.

But us ozzies do have a penchant for claiming anything that is not ours.

Including AC/DC but us Scots dont mind.

We kinda like you guys anyway.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Newcastle is an area of the UK the same as Scotland?

Does Newcastle have its own laws, government and a long history of independence?

Is England a region of the UK or is it a country?

Think carefully Vogie. That question is a bear trap.

I wouldn't overstate Holyroods importance, Westminster is your parliament also, Holyrood is just a glorified council yard, and a very bad one at that.????????????

2 hours ago, shy coconut said:

There have been people opposed to the union since it was formed in 1707.

It wasn't an overwhelmingly popular idea, or as some see it imposition.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The Scottish people did not get the facts. Remember the new oil field discovery that was kept secret by the BBC?

The only people that don't want it are the ones scared of their own pensions, selfish ****s

Off the top of my head I seem to remember Alec Salmond telling the Scots about how much money they would be worth after independence just before the 2014 referendum, and to quote our friend from QT "you told us that a barrel of oil would be worth millions, now we can buy a barrel for £10 down the Barras. I just love the Scots humour.????????????

4 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Yes please...

Asap. 

Uk Taxpayers , can not afford them anymore .

Hopefully , the Taffs will follow soon ..

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, stevenl said:

What is up to Westminster in your opinion, whether they want to leave or under what terms they're allowed to leave?

If you read my post and take in the information that I posted, you would not need to ask that question as the answer is in my post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:
5 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I am a unionist, but am also a democrat. So I believe in an option that is missing from above; that it is up to the Scottish people to decide at a time of their choosing, not Westminster's.

Incorrect. Sure, it is up to Scotland to decide if they want independence. However, under what terms is a decision for the whole of the UK. I believe the parliament of UK is in Westminster. Therefore it has a lot to do with Wesminster.

You misunderstand me.

What I meant was that, as in 2014, the the Scottish Parliament should have control of any referendum, including whether to have one at all.

Under the terms of Edinburgh Agreement (2012) the UK government in Westminster ceded control of the referendum to the Scottish Parliament. Hence the Scottish Independence Referendum Act 2013. No reason why that cannot be done again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, I read and understood, but could not believe the arrogance. So presumed you meant something else. But no, apparently the arrogance is how you meant it.

No wonder a big part of the Scots want to leave.

It's arrogance to suggest that the whole of the UK should make some kind of arrangement about independence of one part of the union? Are you sure? 

So, Scotland are just going to walk away with nothing? They are not going to ask for anything? They don;t want the oil? The monarchy? The BBC? The £? 

Sorry. I thought those things were on the table last time. I must be wrong.

OK. No agreement needed. Scotland can just walk away with nothing. Is that arrogance?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Then if we are such a burden give us a referendum.

Oh no wait. For some reason all you Brexiteers love the idea of sovereignty and taking back control but only when it suits your own purposes.

BTW. Have a look at the real figures. England is going broke and without Scotlands resources it will be even worse.

you're like the remainers, keep wanting another vote until it goes your way. I don't think Scotlands resources are worth much anymore, maybe all the water in 200 years when the world is a lot dryer

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, I read and understand the arrogance. But clear, no. Your post can be read as 'westminster decides the conditions under which to leave' and as 'westminster decides the conditions under which a vote to leave takes place'.

No wonder a big part of the Scots want to leave.

Seeing as you edited your post I will give you another answer.

What you fail to understand is my use of the words "whole of the UK" and "Westminster".

It is my understanding that Scotland is part of the UK and therefore would be involved in the discussions. It is also my understanding that MSPs are in Westminster and, hence, would be involved in the negotiations regarding independence.

Not sure how someone can be accused of being arrogant when they were suggesting all parties should be involved in planning. Arrogance on who's part?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The reason why so many Scots want another referendum now has been explained several times in this thread, and others. The extreme change in the status of the UK in 2016. 

In 2014 Scotland voted to remain in a UK which was a member of the EU.

Because of Brexit, the UK Scotland voted to remain a part of no longer exists.

If Scotland votes to remain part of post Brexit UK then there would be no argument for holding another referendum any time soon.

The Scottish seem to believe they will breeze into EU membership, should they ever become independent from UK. Why then, did they not have a "Leave UK and join EU as an independent state" vote in 2014? 

32 minutes ago, vogie said:

I wouldn't overstate Holyroods importance, Westminster is your parliament also, Holyrood is just a glorified council yard, and a very bad one at that.????????????

And Newcastle is a country?

Scotland is not a country?

Is England not a country?

Answer the rest of my post.

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

And Newcastle is a country?

Scotland is not a country?

Is England not a country?

Answer the rest of my post.

Scotland is part of our island nation, strictly speaking we only become separate countries when playing rugby or football and the likes but quickly revert back to our UK status just shortly after full time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

you're like the remainers, keep wanting another vote until it goes your way. I don't think Scotlands resources are worth much anymore, maybe all the water in 200 years when the world is a lot dryer

So you will have no issues with Scotland leaving.

• Like 2