SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Aren't they the same thing?

We all know why the prospect of a people's vote on the terms of Brexit terrified you.

As you refuse to say why you are opposed to a post Brexit Scottish independence referendum, I can only assume it's for the same reason.

You can assume as much as you like, I don't care! I have explained many times why I don't want to exchange dialogue with you, please respect my choice in doing just that.

18 hours ago, Scott said:

Although it is a complex issue, in your opinion should Scotland seek independence from the UK?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

it's only a complex issue if the Scottish people are denied the right to decide for themselves.

and then there is the question of who exactly is Scottish and should have the right to vote for this.

of course deniers of nationality, who prefer the concept of citizenship, can only be unionists. they protect the rights of minorities but deny the existence of nations. a robot as shown in hollywood movies would go into a logical loop error at this point and freeze up.

20 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
39 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Including AC/DC but us Scots dont mind.

We kinda like you guys anyway.

The singer was Scottish.

Nope.

Dave Evans, 1973 to1974; Australian.

Bon Scott, 1974 to his death in 1980; Australian.

Brian Johnson, 1980 to 2016 and 2018 to date; English.

Axl Rose, 2016 (stand in for on tour for an ill Johnson); 2016.

12 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

The Scottish seem to believe they will breeze into EU membership, should they ever become independent from UK. Why then, did they not have a "Leave UK and join EU as an independent state" vote in 2014? 

Many, including myself, argued in 2014 that an Independent Scotland would not automatically be granted EU membership.

I do not recall anyone from the independence campaign saying that they would be. But if you can find such an argument from the SNP or other independence supporters, please post it here.

The same would apply for any future independent Scotland; if they wished to join the EU they would have to apply, just as they would have had to so do had independence won in 2014.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Many, including myself, argued in 2014 that an Independent Scotland would not automatically be granted EU membership.

I do not recall anyone from the independence campaign saying that they would be. But if you can find such an argument from the SNP or other independence supporters, please post it here.

The same would apply for any future independent Scotland; if they wished to join the EU they would have to apply, just as they would have had to so do had independence won in 2014.

So, why the big hoo haa that Scotland have been hard done by because of Brexit. 

9 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

So, why the big hoo haa that Scotland have been hard done by because of Brexit. 

As explained before, in 2014 Scotland voted to remain part of a UK which was a member of the EU.

The UK now is not the same as the UK then because of Brexit.

If Scotland does become independent they then have the choice of whether to apply for EU membership or not.

As long as Scotland remains part of the UK, they do not have that choice.

I don't see how I can put it any simpler than that.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah huh...not deflection at all but a response to your words

The Scots were in the EU and now against their will no longer are, maybe the majority having seen what being shackled to Westminster now means would prefer to go their own way...let them vote. 

They already had a vote, they voted NO

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, 7by7 said:

As explained before, in 2014 Scotland voted to remain part of a UK which was a member of the EU.

The UK now is not the same as the UK then because of Brexit.

If Scotland does become independent they then have the choice of whether to apply for EU membership or not.

As long as Scotland remains part of the UK, they do not have that choice.

I don't see how I can put it any simpler than that.

Ok. So if it is so, Scotland don;t want it so. If it isn't so then they want it. They voted remain but want to leave. If they voted leave they would have left but maybe not got into EU. They remain but are not in EU and want to be but can't. However, they might be independent and still can't be in EU. They want the pound but need the Euro. They wnat independence to give it up again soon as. Then they blame this all on others.

I'm not sure they are ready for another referendum. Sounds like they all need to get their heads together to find out exactly what it is they do want.

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

Ok. So if it is so, Scotland don;t want it so. If it isn't so then they want it. They voted remain but want to leave. If they voted leave they would have left but maybe not got into EU. They remain but are not in EU and want to be but can't. However, they might be independent and still can't be in EU. They want the pound but need the Euro. They wnat independence to give it up again soon as. Then they blame this all on others.

I'm not sure they are ready for another referendum. Sounds like they all need to get their heads together to find out exactly what it is they do want.

How do you know what Scotland what wants?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vogie said:

You can assume as much as you like, I don't care! I have explained many times why I don't want to exchange dialogue with you, please respect my choice in doing just that.

What are you afraid of, ignore button works when outgunned.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

They already voted, they voted in favour of staying in the EU... let them stay in the Common Market like Northern Ireland...

How can Scotland vote to stay in the EU? They weren't in it to start with. Its was UK that was an EU member. I believe the referendum in 2014 was to remain part of or to leave UK.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Not ready for a referendum, strange comment.

It seems only the English on here don't want a scottish referendum on independence.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It seems only the English on here don't want a scottish referendum on independence.

If you would care to read my comments on TVF, you will see that I have never had any issues with a second referendum. In fact, I have even said they they should have one.

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

By reading comments from those that broadcast it, such as yourself.

So I want a referendum and independence.

How does that square with your opinions on what Scotland wants?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Did you make up that all by yourself or have help?

15 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Some want to remain part of the UK which is no longer a member of the EU.

Some want independence from the UK and then apply for EU membership.

Some probably want neither.

But the point is that it is for the people of Scotland to decide.

Edited by 7by7
typo
  • Like 2

Would be nice of the op to change the survey.

I dont particularly thing scotland should leave but thats my only option.

i think they should have a right to decide themselves. Why isnt that an option on this.

• Like 1