SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Scotland seek independence from the UK?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, shy coconut said:

I think there should be another referendum.

Brexit, and especially the way the Scottish people voted in that referendum, has 

made the UK and union a different place to what it was at the time of the original

independence vote.

I would imagine the outcome would be far closer, but it would have to be a hell of a swing

to make a convincing case for leaving, but if 52% is enough to leave the EU, then it should 

be enough for independence.

The latest poll is showing 52% against Independence,and that will go higher once the Parliamentary Committee's findings are published in relation to the Scottish Government cover ups in  the Salmond case.????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Scotland should be independant, so should Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, and anyone else

that finds Westminster devious and treacherous. I have put forward plans for independance

for Essex, the reply was 'One thing at a time', probably to humour me, but I remain adamant.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

how do you know that Vogie, are you a fortune teller,

Think he must also have access to this........quote

If you can foretell the future I can only assume that you must have inherited SpideysCrystal ball 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I've answered all your relevant points despite your deflections.

The last referendum was before the uk left the EU, against the wishes of The Scots.

Circumstances are different now and people should be allowed to vote on whether they accept these or wish to leave the union.

Many have changed their view since brexit.

Why are you so afraid of a referendum?

Oh and do leave the fascist hyperbole out of this...that's just project fear nonsense...

Oh and do leave the fascist hyperbole out of this...that's just project fear nonsense...

And what do you call someone who ignores democratic decisions

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

how do you know that Vogie, are you a fortune teller, palm & tarot card reader or did you conducted your own survey/poll.... let the people of Scotland decide or their future not you nor the puppets in Westminster

Not wanting to sound repetitive, I know because the Scots have already voted to remain and why are you trying to deny the will of the majority of Scots that have already taken a vote on this matter and decided to remain, you are not being very democratic now are you. Can you not go with the will of the Scots and not the nationalists who are in the minority.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

It wasn't ignored....Scotland remained part of the UK.

Not by the SNPs choice, if it was up to Sturgeon to break away from the English she would be away faster than a rat up a drainpipe.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Oh I do understand, I really do...the Scots did not wish to leave the EU, let them decide now if the uk is really where they want to be.

Strange situation; the Scots wanted to stay in EU and now they stay  with UK ; for me it's normal that there is a referendum, but one question : can Scotland live by it self, on an economic point of view ? do they have industry, commerce etc ?

I am French, and I know that for instance many people in Antilles ( Guadeloupe, Martinique ) or New Caledonia would like to get rid of France, but every referendum says that majority wants to stay ; not stupid, they know that apart from tourism, they have nothing, they need money from the " mère patrie " ;

and Scotland ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I am a unionist, but am also a democrat. So I believe in an option that is missing from above; that it is up to the Scottish people to decide at a time of their choosing, not Westminster's.

Incorrect. Sure, it is up to Scotland to decide if they want independence. However, under what terms is a decision for the whole of the UK. I believe the parliament of UK is in Westminster. Therefore it has a lot to do with Wesminster.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vogie said:

Everybody is assuming that Scotland does want independence and this is clearly not the case. The only people that want independence are the SNP, the Scots have clearly stated that they wish to remain within the United Kingdom and their wishes should be respected.

The Scottish people did not get the facts. Remember the new oil field discovery that was kept secret by the BBC?

The only people that don't want it are the ones scared of their own pensions, selfish ****s

• Like 2