How much do factory workers earn in bangkok

5 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

I think you're right about his motives as I did the same thing myself. I also factored in what I would be providing in lue of salary. And yes, I found someone that understood how the math works ???? 

In 1992, aged 39 & a divorced farang army Officer, I was in the same boat. I found a stocky but pretty lass of 20 mixing concrete by hand for 80 baht a day, in Udon. Single mum - baby living with grandma. I needed a 'house-keeper' to clean house and feed me for 6 months - with 'other duties' as required. I speak Lao. She jumped at the chance and then, jumped on me. I paid her 10K a month but she always knew I was farang military and would leave after the 6 months. She told the entire suburb swiftly we were "as good as married" & that ended any other female activity for me. I bought her anything she wanted/needed for the entire time as a bonus, as I could more than afford it. I was an Officer & single & I liked her a lot. Then I was posted to C Mai and she refused to go with me. End of story.

Just before my family & I left C Mai permanently in 2013, I met a lovely 32 y.o. lass in 'Big C' in Hang Dong. She spoke excellent English - she was behind me in the checkout queue and helped me translate something with the checkout girl. She had a decent Uni degree in agriculture & worked for 10K baht a month. She said she had been working in a banking job for 15K baht a month, but after a few months her supervisor (Thai male) had told her she had to perform 'extra duties' with him, or suffer a pay cut. She quit & took the lower paid job. Nice lass. Chinese/Thai and clever. She also told me that salaries in C Mai are way lower than in BKK, but locals don't want to move.

This years (2020) rice harvest - 400 baht a day, 8-9 hours, lunch and refreshments included.  Year before had to pay more. Builders usually about 500 a day, more for the foreman. In our shop even the family members (niece and nephew) get 200 baht a day when they work and are not at college.

I of course get nothing...... except the bills!

9 hours ago, Aussiepeter said:

In 1992, aged 39 & a divorced farang army Officer, I was in the same boat. I found a stocky but pretty lass of 20 mixing concrete by hand for 80 baht a day, in Udon. Single mum - baby living with grandma. I needed a 'house-keeper' to clean house and feed me for 6 months - with 'other duties' as required. I speak Lao. She jumped at the chance and then, jumped on me. I paid her 10K a month but she always knew I was farang military and would leave after the 6 months. She told the entire suburb swiftly we were "as good as married" & that ended any other female activity for me. I bought her anything she wanted/needed for the entire time as a bonus, as I could more than afford it. I was an Officer & single & I liked her a lot. Then I was posted to C Mai and she refused to go with me. End of story.

Mine only asks for 4k baht a month ????