Practical internet question

PaleFire

57 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Thanks, I wonder why.

Because they hope to attract new customers with them, who then after a year are too lazy to get a new Sim card or want to keep their phone number and will thus pay for one of the regular, way more expensive, packages

Edited by jackdd

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Because they hope to attract new customers with them, who then after a year are too lazy to get a new Sim card or want to keep their phone number and will thus pay for one of the regular, way more expensive, packages

I guess that's me. But I think i can change. : )

6 hours ago, elgenon said:

I hope you don't mind some potentially dumb questions. Can I purchase this same package for my existing Dtac sim? It would seem to be perfect for me as then i wouldn't have to worry to top up before I leave, or after I leave, the country for a few months.

You don't need to top up before you leave; you can extend your validity to a year infinitely. Refer to Jaidee Day Giveaway here: https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/services/jai-dee.html You can use it right now.

You can use exactly the same method wherever you are in the world, as long as Roaming is activated on your SIM: To activate roaming service call *118# before you leave or now.

Once activated, you can use the Jaidee Day Giveaway service to keep extending your SIM validity infinitely whilst abroad, as long as you have credit on the SIM.

When abroad, you can turn off the Internet data as you don't need it for USSD, SMS and calls. Do so by applying *104*72# and then the call key. You can reactivate it when you get back using *104*71#

39 minutes ago, elgenon said:

I guess that's me. But I think i can change. : )

If you want to keep the number but want one of the unlimited 10 Mbps annual packages, you will have to port your number to one of the rivals; Truemove H or AIS taking out one of their annual packs. Last time I looked it was around 1890 for Truemove H and 2240 for AIS.

If you don't care about losing the number then just buy the DTAC SIM. But if you have a dual SIM phone you can have the best of both worlds. Both the new and old DTAC SIM.

3 hours ago, Oldie said:

I need the same. But True Move told me only for postpaid and not for prepaid. Do you have prepaid or postpaid? 

I am on a yearly plan for the last 5 years or so - wife and I

Pay monthly but subscription is for 12 months