Hi, is the TM28 still active. I've moved to a new condo and the landlord said he dropped my passport details at the condo office.

Translation issues between us. Do I have to do a TM28 and has condo management done the TM 30 for me. 

Do I have to go to immigration and report.

Thanks

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The requirements for a TM28 were changed a year ago. A TM27 is now used for a change of address.

Most offices only want a TM30 report done when you change your address.

Is there a template for a TM27 for us to use???

Link please.

1 hour ago, justmeagain said:

and has condo management done the TM 30 for me. 

While some condo offices are set-up to do online TM-30 on behalf of the individual owners, its not the responsibility of the condo block office.

The only way to know if its been done would be to ask the office directly.

Because of the connection with your 90-day reporting, you need to file a TM-30 at your local Imm Office IN PERSON when you relocated.  It has to be done in person, otherwise your local IO would not know whether the online TM-30 they received was meant as 'relocation notification' or that you simply stayed at another location for leasure purposes (the owner of the premisses is required by Thai law to notify the local Imm Office that a foreigner is staying at the premisses within 24 hours of their arrival by filing a TM-30).

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Because of the connection with your 90-day reporting, you need to file a TM-30 at your local Imm Office IN PERSON when you relocated.  It has to be done in person, otherwise your local IO would not know whether the online TM-30 they received was meant as 'relocation notification' or that you simply stayed at another location for leasure purposes

That's wrong. I moved, my new landlord did an online TM30 for me,  I had no problem doing the 90 day report at my new address.

You are presenting this like a fact, but actually that's just your opinion, correct?

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

That's wrong. I moved, my new landlord did an online TM30 for me,  I had no problem doing the 90 day report at my new address.

You are presenting this like a fact, but actually that's just your opinion, correct?

Think it was @ubonjoe that wrote that notifying your local Imm Office needs to be done IN PERSON for relocation purposes.  That makes perfect sense to me (how else would the Imm Office know whether the TM-30 they received was for relocation, or just the owner of the premisses notifying them you staying there for a temporary visit).  Maybe UJ can confirm.

It would indeed be easier if there was the option to notify your local Imm Office using the IO TM-30 website of having relocated. 

26 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Think it was @ubonjoe that wrote that notifying your local Imm Office needs to be done IN PERSON for relocation purposes. 

That would mostly be for a change to a different office. If the same office a TM30 report might be enough.

It's funny  UJ,  but almost exactly 1 year ago when I did my annual renewal of marriage extension,  I had all the normal paperwork in order and they made me fill out a TM28 and submit it,  even though no change of address in the previous 5 years!

New procedure says the IO lady. 

Another wasted hour for nothing !

Archived