The best commercial priced/flavored coffee in the city.

bkk6060

Been getting a coffee in the afternoon and walking the beach.  Not sure if there is a better option then a 7-11 fresh brew.  The machine grinds the beans and puts out a fresh strong hot cup.  They add a little milk no charge.  The shop on BR near Soi 5 has been discounting it from 25 to 20 b.

Today I walked over to the bustling shopping center  (joking) nearby called The Bay which has a Starbuck's.  A Flat white which is basically coffee and milk is 135 b.

Just wondering for the quality and cost other than in your room, is there a better cup of Joe to be found then 7-11?

16160600271101241057229543991036.jpg

• Like 1

I get my coffee from the same 7/11 on BR; 20 Baht represents great VFM. You can add flavoured syrups for 10 Baht.

Coffee is the loss leader, I guess, as most people make other purchases. I buy a cake, a banana and my ciggies with the coffee.

12 hours ago, champers said:

I get my coffee from the same 7/11 on BR; 20 Baht represents great VFM. You can add flavoured syrups for 10 Baht

What for the kids?

I still waste my money at Black Canyon but because I want to sit and enjoy a large one comfortable in the AC. If you buy at the 7-11, what happens, you walk about drinking it, or sit on their front step like an indigent?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What for the kids?

I still waste my money at Black Canyon but because I want to sit and enjoy a large one comfortable in the AC. If you buy at the 7-11, what happens, you walk about drinking it, or sit on their front step like an indigent?

Or walk accross the road and drink it sat on a chair on the beach.

47 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Would that add some baht to the cost of it? 

I go to the beach a lot and always have a coffee and cake. If I ordered a coffee from the chair renter they would charge me 40 Baht for instant coffee; so I am making a saving in my eyes.

29 minutes ago, champers said:

I go to the beach a lot and always have a coffee and cake. If I ordered a coffee from the chair renter they would charge me 40 Baht for instant coffee; so I am making a saving in my eyes.

I was wondering if the chair vendors would charge for someone wandering over with a 7-11 coffee and sitting down. Their own 3 in 1 instant would not suit me either. 

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

And Starbucks is so bad, that fact that the Starbucks coffee is 20oz. compared to the 4oz. you get at seven means nothing, neither does the availability of a comfortable, air-conditioned seating area. 

Starbucks coffee is the ABSOLUTE worst coffee and snacks in the world, and seven has the ABSOLUTE best coffee in the world, and anyone that says otherwise is a poser and wannabe hiso. 

I agree but I used to enjoy having a Starbucks coffee twice a day on beach road by 13\1, the best view in town. I stopped going there when the guys next to me would just buy 7 Eleven coffee next door and sit at Starbucks

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

I think the coffee cart guys might sell coffee for 15 baht and no more than 20 bhat....Not sure the quality but I bet it's better than Starbucks...

It's luke warm bitter Thai coffee, usually 10 baht, I stopped drinking it years ago

On 3/19/2021 at 7:05 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I agree but I used to enjoy having a Starbucks coffee twice a day on beach road by 13\1, the best view in town. I stopped going there when the guys next to me would just buy 7 Eleven coffee next door and sit at Starbucks

perhaps "the guys" knew something you didn`t hence the 7 eleven coffee :thumbsup:

If up early, I'll sometimes take a short ride to Beach Road and buy black coffee at the 7-11 just up from the police station. 7-11 coffee is great taste and value IMO. Then go sit on the sand by the sea and enjoy the start of the day while contemplating what to do in Pattaya.

Edited by soi3eddie

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sit outside for a closer look. There I sometimes followed my usual double shot of expresso with a chaser shot of bourbon from my flask. Gotta love Starbucks staff there, such friendly ladies who always recognized me.

• Haha 1

Coffee beans are subject to heavy tariffs in Thailand, so hardly any vendor imports coffee.  Even the famous iLLY that you find in Thailand uses coffee beans from Thailand.  The same goes for Starbucks for sure.

The machine that 7 Eleven uses is the best fully automatic coffee machine in the world - WMF, more expensive than the commercial semi-auto machines you see in Starbucks and the rest.   However, do expect them to stinge on the quality of the coffee beans, as these beans are left in the big funnel on top of the machine most of the time, and the flavor is lost as a result of constant exposure to the heat of the machine as well as air.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Sit outside for a closer look. There I sometimes followed my usual double shot of expresso with a chaser shot of bourbon from my flask. Gotta love Starbucks staff there, such friendly ladies who always recognized me.

The staff at seven are ABSOLUTLY the friendliest in the world and they recognize EVERYONE that comes in and they serve the ABSOLUTE best coffee in the world. It has been proven time and again that Starbucks coffee is the ABSOLUTE worst coffee in the world and the only people that trade with them are posers and wannabe hisos.

If you want to use  the dining room and enjoy the AC and the view just bring red cup in your pocket. You can get a courtesy-cup of water, heat it in the microwave and then you can use their cream and corn syrup. They are getting greedy now and sometimes there is only enough cream for my coffee and I have to eat my cereal dry. 

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2021 at 7:05 AM, scubascuba3 said:

10 hours ago, petermik said:

perhaps "the guys" knew something you didn`t hence the 7 eleven coffee :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

they were just being kineow

9 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

If up early, I'll sometimes take a short ride to Beach Road and buy black coffee at the 7-11 just up from the police station. 7-11 coffee is great taste and value IMO. Then go sit on the sand by the sea and enjoy the start of the day while contemplating what to do in Pattaya.

another satisfied customer of 7-11 or is soi3eddie a kineow also.....????