Yes, Covid Extensions After 30 March are Being Granted

9 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Well, I'm a bit pedantic, I guess.  My goal is to let those who are here on Tourist Visas, all of whom have been on the exact same schedule (May 31, July 31, September 30 amnesties, then November 30, January 31 and March 30 extraordinary extensions) know that another extraordinary 60-day extension is being granted, which will allow these folks to remain until 29 May.

Other types of visa holders (marriage, ed, etc.) are on their own schedule, and perhaps are only coincidentally on the same schedule as the folks who arrived before 22 March 2020 on Tourist or Visa on Arrival status.

Good you went early and took the uncertainty out of your own situation. My hotel has a number of people under the same circumstances---here on Tourist Visas since the beginning of Covid.

Anyway, those who need to know, and who read this thread, now know. Those confused or who fail to understand the point of my post, will continue to say things totally irrelevant to this thread.

You're about 6 weeks late to "reveal" this information. There was in fact never any doubt at all since the last widely reported announcement back in January that anyone could apply for a new extension before 30 March. Clearly, if you apply for a 60 day extension in March, then that extension lasts until May. 

• Like 1

Dude @Walker88, your explanation makes sense in your follow up posts...BUT...your HEADLINE is the one that's throwing people off. Just revise it and it will clear things up.

Instead of: "Covid extensions after March 30 are being granted."

Why not write:  60-day Covid extensions APPLIED FOR no later than March 30th are being accepted, allowing folks to stay thru the end of May

So much simpler than all the back and forth bickering going on !!!  :)

Edited by audaciousnomad
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Dude @Walker88, your explanation makes sense in your follow up posts...BUT...your HEADLINE is the one that's throwing people off. Just revise it and it will clear things up.

Why not write:  60-day Covid extensions APPLIED FOR no later than March 30th are being accepted, allowing folks to stay thru the end of May

So much simpler than all the back and forth bickering going on !!!  ????

My point exactly...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

It is to late for him to change it and I cannot make major changes to it now.

As I wrote before read the first few post after the topic.

10 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

So much simpler than all the back and forth bickering going on !!!  ????

Still a pointless thread as we've known since January that these applications would be accepted until 30 March (and therefore obviously the extension would last until May).

Edited by edwardandtubs

As it stands the ability to apply for this extension will no longer be possible after March 30th.

We have yet to hear of any information that states otherwise, which is why we advise applying for one BEFORE March 31st to avoid any potential complications.

If we do hear anything that states applications will be allowed after March 30th we will be sure to post an update (like last time).

(also yes the OP has picked a very misleading title)

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Thanks 1

If it helps:
I went today (March 23) to my local immigration office and applied for another 60 days extension to my visa which is currently due to expire on April 25. They took the money and gave me a receipt and the usual under consideration stamp, to return on April 5. 
The IO said they would extend until June 25 but that this is the last time... But they also said that last time I extended.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, grumpyXpat said:

The IO said they would extend until June 25 but that this is the last time..

Thanks for report. So they let you apply almost a month prior to end of current permission of stay. Excellent.

The IO that stated "last time.." ...in Oz we call him a bull s....t artist.

Edited by DrJack54

Ok, so I have a question. I have to get the extension, by March 30th. But... I'm also trying to leave Thailand to head back to the US by mid-April (where I now have a FAR better chance of getting vaxxed sooner).

Now, there's no doubt that I'm going to get the "under consideration" stamp that's going to make me go back to MTT two weeks later to get the full extension stamp.

But here's my question... What if I end up booking a flight and leaving BEFORE the return date of the UC stamp (which is entirely possible)? Will they just give me the extension stamp at the airport and then stamp me out? I really don't want to go to MTT before the date just to get the damn extension stamp if I don't have to.

I'd appreciate any insights. I searched the forum about this issue and didn't find anything.

Very unusual post. I get the situation. 

You won't get extension stamp at airport.

I'm very conservative so I would return on due date to MTT if it's prior to flight out.

Apart from that going back to USA just to have have vaccine shot IMO is serious crazy. If you have other reasons fine. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WhateverDude said:

Ok, so I have a question. I have to get the extension, by March 30th. But... I'm also trying to leave Thailand to head back to the US by mid-April (where I now have a FAR better chance of getting vaxxed sooner).

You could apply for the extension early so that the under consideration stamp report back date is before you leave the country. If you did it now the stamp would be for the first week of April.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 5:04 AM, Walker88 said:

The point of the thread is simple

Yes, I don't know why people are confused as to the value of this thread. It's the info I came here to find today and I appreciate your posting. Plus, an added bonus for an informative posting header!

15 hours ago, grumpyXpat said:

If it helps:
I went today (March 23) to my local immigration office and applied for another 60 days extension to my visa which is currently due to expire on April 25. They took the money and gave me a receipt and the usual under consideration stamp, to return on April 5. 
The IO said they would extend until June 25 but that this is the last time... But they also said that last time I extended.

Oh, I didn't know you could do that! I thought there was a rule somewhere about applying for extensions no earlier than 15 days prior to the end of your current extension (I'm not sure)...

So could I apply for another covid ext on the 29th March (My current extension runs out on the 29th April) And get stamped in until 27th June? Ubon IO - Sirindhorn Dam office (not inner city, it's too busy!)

Edited by 2530Ubon

31 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

So could I apply for another covid ext on the 29th March (My current extension runs out on the 29th April) And get stamped in until 27th June? Ubon IO - Sirindhorn Dam office (not inner city, it's too busy!)

There is not fixed rule on how early you can apply for the extension. 

Not sure Ubon immigration would do it that early.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is not fixed rule on how early you can apply for the extension. 

Not sure Ubon immigration would do it that early.

That was my thought too. I do vaguley recal an IO in the inner city office saying I could apply 2 weeks before it runs out, and it was best to come early. Is there anyone in Ubon who has done this already? Be great to know either way. If we can, I'll go and get another one before the 30th. 

--US passport holder

--Arrived 30 January, got a 45 day stamp and did the quarantine

--Currently on 30 day extension that expires on April 14

--Applied for covid extension today at Phuket immigration March 24

--Checked box on the affidavit that I cannot get an embassy letter; paid 1,900 baht

--Under consideration stamp to report back April 14

--Noticed that April 14 is during Songkran (and April 6 is Chakri Day)

--Lady at the counter told me to report back April 2

Which extension can I expect?

--60 days from March 24 (application date)

--60 days from April 2 (report back date)

--60 days from April 14 (current end of stay)

--No later than the end of May (amnesty period)

On 3/23/2021 at 9:26 PM, DrJack54 said:

Very unusual post. I get the situation. 

You won't get extension stamp at airport.

I'm very conservative so I would return on due date to MTT if it's prior to flight out.

Apart from that going back to USA just to have have vaccine shot IMO is serious crazy. If you have other reasons fine. 

Well, staying until I get the final extension stamp isn't going to be a big deal for me. I have an appointment for the 29th, so I'm guessing that I'll have to go back around the 13th for the extension stamp. That should work out fine as far as my travel plans go. I was just wondering if it was possible to stamp out before getting it if I found a good option to fly out before then.

And yeah, I do have other important reasons to get back to the US, vaccine notwithstanding. So I might as well go sooner than later and get everything done in one shot (no pun intended). Being able to get vaccinated when I get there is just gravy.  Thanks for the input!

On 3/24/2021 at 7:19 AM, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for the extension early so that the under consideration stamp report back date is before you leave the country. If you did it now the stamp would be for the first week of April.

Yeah, I've already come to terms with the idea of leaving in mid/late April after I get the next extension. I'm pretty flexible and just wanted to know if it was possible to leave while still on the UC stamp. Thanks for your response!

1 minute ago, WhateverDude said:

Yeah, I've already come to terms with the idea of leaving in mid/late April after I get the next extension. I'm pretty flexible and just wanted to know if it was possible to leave while still on the UC stamp. Thanks for your response!

Good reply. You certainly can leave Thailand prior to obtaining final stamp. I'm conservative so if your able to wait then thinking that's best option. 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Good reply. You certainly can leave Thailand prior to obtaining final stamp. I'm conservative so if your able to wait then thinking that's best option. 

So what would that entail? Going to immigration before flying out to get stamped? Just curious about that. Thanks again.

1 minute ago, WhateverDude said:

So what would that entail? Going to immigration before flying out to get stamped? Just curious about that. Thanks again.

Yes just turn up for stamp. I'm more than happy for expert to chip in and advise you to just exit and forget about final stamp. In fact that's why I bumped your reply to obtain extra opinion.

On 3/25/2021 at 7:38 PM, DrJack54 said:

Yes just turn up for stamp. I'm more than happy for expert to chip in and advise you to just exit and forget about final stamp. In fact that's why I bumped your reply to obtain extra opinion.

Ok, that's what I thought too, thanks for confirming!