The end is in sight: Thailand outlines plan for re-opening, target of no quarantine from 1 Oct

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai government on Friday released its proposal for relaxing COVID-19 measures and re-opening the country to foreign tourists.

Thailand may open up slowly, some of the service workers more readily, but a lot depends on other countries on how they are allowed to move around and back into their own countries, after venturing abroad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having concluded that cynicism is toxic, I think tourism is an economic force that has been pressing against the closed doors ever since this began, and I think it will revive nicely, if slowly. I predict a welcome surge forward in the beginning. Just my own intuition. I think some measured optimism is justified. Also, yes this process will lurch along somewhat disorganizedly, and that is to be expected and not complained about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

relaxing COVID-19 measures and re-opening the country to foreign tourists.

I wonder if Thailand has taken into consideration the possibility of many infected Burmese illegal migrants crossing the long "open" border into LOS fleeing the murderous Military Junta? 

still alot of BS ...alot of gray areas...if,and, and but...they still have no idea what they are doing...they love to talk and brag....buts all BS until you see what you have....They need to vax their population first then worry about tourists...tomorrow they will have another idea

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Burma Bill said:

I wonder if Thailand has taken into consideration the possibility of many infected Burmese illegal migrants crossing the long "open" border into LOS fleeing the murderous Military Junta? 

They have

i read today in the news they are planing to build few sort of quarantine camps for them

the local population is against the project, you know it's everywhere in the world the same thing

local  people are ok to build decent places to host the migrants but not near their houses

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

If the European countries find more adverse effects of Astrazeneca

more ?  There were none in the first place ! Just pathetic attempts to pretend there were problems. Some of the European leaders need to learn some very elementary statistics. 

• Like 1

The most notable of Friday’s announcement is that quarantine will be reduced from 14 days to 10 days from 1 April.

the starting date says it all.... April fouls  ????????????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, bermondburi said:

Jeez. What's with the negativity. I think it's great news if it happens. Gonna make a big difference to me. 

In BP it says 7 days for the vaccinated from April 1st. 

Personally, IF, repeat IF this follows through, I also see it as great news! 

It would mean that my next winter's "Snowbirding" can go ahead (I've already written this winter off anyway)

It seems that the TVF "Glass half empty" merchants are out in force today! However, I remain fully aware that my aforementioned "IF"  is a big one...I also remain an optimist! ????

And @Jonathan Swift: I agree!

Edited by VBF

So if by chance you are overseas and get a vaccine from your home country, its welcome back.
Or in the process of planning to come, April is 10 days. hopefully.

Unfortunately if you are here and need to leave, then come back.
(Many do this), its get vaccinated or do 10 days, or wait even longer if you are anti vaxx.

Not much hope of a farang vaccination here yet.

Edited by dallen52

5 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

So if by chance you are overseas and get a vaccine from your home country, its welcome back.
Or in the process of planning to come, April is 10 days. hopefully.

Unfortunately if you are here and need to leave, then come back.
(Many do this), its get vaccinated or do 10 days, or wait even longer if you are anti vaxx.

If you are anti-vax.........tough luck! Or colloquially speaking.... "Som nam na" ????

Edited by VBF

Well done Thailand. They never wavered from their international lockdown whilst many 1st world are now hitting soaring 3rd wave numbers! And countless already dead in UK and USA 

IT'S a good slow and steady plan and grand opening of 1st October is as mentioned subject to conditions as well it should be. Slowly slowly 

Edited by madmen
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

It's not safe to open Thailand until at least 25 million people have been vaccinated- over 50's and most vulnerable. It would be carnage within a couple of months.  And even then you'd have to guard against new variants, so there would have to be rigorous testing and quarantine.  My prediction is the middle of next year, after initial inoculations and a new variant booster.

Thailand really needs to get every adult jabbed.  I believe they can do it with a combination of AZ and Sinovac. Also within a few months I predict the AZ jab will be a one dose vaccine, for expedience if nothing else- lots of Indians are already treating it as such.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mr mr said:

here's how i read it

phase 1 - derp

phase 2 - derp derp

phase 3 - derp derp derp

I read it like this .

BS, and even more , BS .

That is the end of my attention span . 

Back to Corrie , on Netfix ....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, harada said:

I think they may be a bit optimistic on this, most of the people that I have spoken to, who, like myself have traveled around Asia quite a bit over the years are talking of 1 to 2 years to see how things pan out before they return.

I'm  with them, after all the tutai the government dicks have put on us Aliens/foreigners who have gone a long way to help prop up the tourism industry they should be counting themselves lucky if we come back at all. Certainly not in the near future.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bobydog said:

I'm  with them, after all the tutai the government dicks have put on us Aliens/foreigners who have gone a long way to help prop up the tourism industry they should be counting themselves lucky if we come back at all. Certainly not in the near future.

I don’t know the exact numbers, but I’m guessing over 80% of tourists are from Asia

So the Thai rulers don’t really care about westerners anymore. The Asian tourist will be flown in ASAP, they have no choice where they want to go, they are simply told to go

• Like 2

You take your chances mate as my neighbour in her 40s got it, her immune system attacked her nervous system and she is now in right state, can't move about with most of her lower body locked up and its ongoing and ongoing, but of course fortunately for your facts she isn't dead so hey ho, everyone to their own huh? Regardless of the fact that when the rest of the world is running around tossing their hair freely you probably won't even be allowed in a restaurant................good luck to you ????

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed

Planning to open for tourists in Oct when the third wave is just starting and COVID is mutating like crazy? 

That's like opening an umbrella shop in the middle of a hurricane. Good luck with that.

They are just pouring out BS after BS. 

Now if they were selling umbrella for that I'd buy one.

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling memes removed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1