The end is in sight: Thailand outlines plan for re-opening, target of no quarantine from 1 Oct

webfact

28 minutes ago, sdweller said:

Amazing some people on this forum are so afraid even of vaccinated people.... I'm sorry but that is silly.  Vaccinated people are NOT a threat, time to get over these irrational fears.

Read much? If not then read up on research done.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2021-02-07/covid-q-a-can-vaccinated-people-still-spread-the-virus

Can you still transmit Covid-19 after vaccination? - BBC Future

BEAR in mind that to enter with the 7 days quarantine they say MIGHT start in Oct, u must have been vaccinated with the past 3 months>>
get ur shot now>>>> wont get ya in>

Foreigners with a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate that is no more than 3 months old and no less than 14 days old, in possession of a negative Covid test result: 7 days’ quarantine
Repatriating Thai nationals who have a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate no more than 3 months old and no less than 14 days old but who do not have a negative Covid test result: 7 days’ quarantine
Foreigners who have a negative Covid test result but no vaccination certificate: 10 days’ quarantine

I have never heard anywhere else with these restrictions.  and i dont think u can be vaccinated twice..

so far Thailand has vaccinated LESS then 50,000 out of 66 million>
You really think they will hit 70% in the next 5 months?
!

Edited by zzzzz

13 hours ago, bolt said:

So the Thai rulers don’t really care about westerners anymore. 

Do keep up. Back in 2012 it became policy to look to the ASEAN nations for tourists.

To capitalize on this, the TAT has crafted the “Thailand and Beyond Strategy” to be ready for AEC in 2015. https://www.pattayamail.com/travel/highlights-of-the-tat-action-plan-2013-14693

It's about giving hope to the thai tourist industry.As always nothing is set in concrete,depends on the situation at the time.At present the virus is spreading around the country,not exactly a confidence booster.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, it was announced that quarantine will be reduced from 14 days to 10 days from 1 April.

CCSA spokesperson Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin said that  both Thais and foreigners will need to need to quarantine for 10 days but this will be reduced to 7 days later in the year.

Yet a week ago the breaking news was that UNVACCINATED THAIS AND FARANGS would serve a 10 day quarantine whilst VACCINATED would be reduced to 7 Days.   All of sudden that has gone out the window.  

1 hour ago, rabang said:

Many bookings for holidays have already been made for the next winter / high season. If they don't open up that money will be lost.

they should be careful with the opening up idea while many of the westerners countries are considering lock downs it's tricky gambling decision, like buying a lottery ticket

22 hours ago, bermondburi said:

Jeez. What's with the negativity. I think it's great news if it happens. Gonna make a big difference to me. 

In BP it says 7 days for the vaccinated from April 1st. 

Negativity is from the double speak.  BP vs this recent statement of 10 days and no mention of 7 for vaccinated and vaccine certification to travel 

if ive been vaccinated ...test negative before boarding a flight ( NOT WALKING ACROSS THE BORDER ILLEGALLY FROM Burma ????).  Test negative within a few days of arrival .....7 day quarantine  is reasonable.    

21 hours ago, stuarty said:

From April 1 to June 30, quarantined arrivals would be allowed to leave their rooms to go to a gymnasium, outdoor exercise area, swimming pool and controlled areas for cycling and outside shopping.

From July 1 to Sept 30, they would be able to eat in restaurants at their hotels and have health massages.

From Oct 1 onwards, quarantine would be required only for people arriving from specified areas.

On the issue of quarantine duration, Dr Taweesilp said, from April 1 to Sept 30, arrivals without a vaccination certificate (VC) and Covid-19 free certificate (CFC) would be quarantined for 10 days, and be tested for the disease twice.

Arrivals with VCs and CFCs would be quarantined for seven days and tested once. Those with VCs but without CFCs would be tested twice.

Confusing, no? If I am vaccinated it is only 7 days?  That's not wat other reporting says.

Add to the confusing ....when applying for the COE one must book travel and quarantine hotel package within a 15 day time frame.  Currently only the 15 night super holidays are available.  Maybe by 1april they will sort out 10/7 days packages or just make it all the 11 nights.  ????????‍♂️????????‍♂️ 

13 hours ago, WHansen said:

Do you not read the news ? There are NO adverse effects. A few countries in Europe were stamping their feet and throwing their toys out of the pram

I am a big fan of the AZ vaccine. It's the single most effective weapon on the global stage. However, it is becoming more likely that it does pose a greater risk in a subset of young women predisposed to a condition called thrombocytopenia. Quite what part it plays and what other comorbidities may be significant, eg, obesity, the pill, is as yet unknown.  But the numbers are there in Germany, Norway, and Denmark. I think as vaccination shifts to younger people (as in the UK) it will be a problem that comes to the fore, and not just with the AZ jab.

21 hours ago, bolt said:

I got a reply from one hotel just now 19th Friday 16:00 Thai time

Refer on the news that announce for shorten quarantine are not effective now.
Thai Department of Disease Control do not public on shorten quarantine because they are on processing for clarify types of vaccine. It might take a moment.
If we got any update, we will inform you soonest.

Yes and if you go to the thai site to apply for the COE all data is old and reflects 15 day quarantine.  If anything changes 1 april then don’t expect to travel early in april as no decisions have been made yet.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, paulikens said:

so i presume the prices of the ASQ hotels will come down now then????

Asq is still only quoting 15 day all inclusive packages....i paid 60k in late January.  Now back in usa and need to close on a condo so im hoping the 7 day option is viable in May.  Really hoping ????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From April 1 to June 30, people in quarantine will be allowed to exercise in fitness rooms and outdoors, swim, cycle in closed areas and buy food from outside. From Oct 1 (the third stage), inbound travellers are required to have only documentation of their Covid-19 negative status with them.

28 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

What is a "Covid-19 free certificate (CFC)"

Is this just a negative PCR test, or something else? 

I think both are same, they are removing the fit to fly cert, which was stupid in the 1st place.

old wording 

• Once you have your approved COE, obtain a negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued in English no more than 72 hours before your flight departure at any government accredited medical facility and a Fit to Fly medical certificate. These are two separate documents.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, bolt said:

email from hotel

Refer on the news that announce for shorten quarantine are not effective now.
Thai Department of Disease Control do not public on shorten quarantine because they are on processing for clarify types of vaccine. It might take a moment.
If we got any update, we will inform you soonest.

clarifying types???...oh brother....even more confusion

4 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

The first hotels start selling the "new" 10 11 days packages

image.png.29785b0b65f30a5dd94080a78db6f799.png

image.png.a2124f4058fa379d0ec8f9504ea00b3f.png

I wouldn’t be booking anything until the gazette is released. Still not confirmed and a lot of grey areas.

The being allowed outside is the deal breaker for me. 

1 hour ago, Scofield said:

‘Sorry sir. The government have not confirmed about quarantine and also UK has dangerous strain. For outside room you can’t leave until last day, so sorry sir.’

I think UK is still on the Red list, so you will have to check country of depature and Thai Embassy will help you with confirmation.

meeting was yesterday

The CCSA meeting agreed to shorten the former mandatory 14 day quarantine period to 10 days, for arrivals without a vaccination certificate, and to 7 days for those with a vaccine certificate. 

Edited by bolt

I think by Tuesday wednesday FULL details to be released about Hotels.

However they still need to approve a list of vaccines, or we will all have to do 10(11) days.

Approved vaccine list end of next week 27th 

Screenshot 2021-03-20 144910.png

36 minutes ago, Crisu said:

They should add a free Covid vaccination during the quarantaine.

I think this would attract more people to book a 10 day stay in the hotel than using the hotel pool or gym.

The government are insisting minimum 14 days after vaccination, because It typically takes a few weeks for the body to build immunity (protection against the virus that causes COVID-19) after vaccination

On 3/19/2021 at 7:35 PM, Bobydog said:

Hey I know, the Generals can forke out a few million Bht to help the unemployed people who need tourism to survive. Star Wars is more entertaining than the daily dose of major plans coming from the dream machine.

Lower caste . Unemployed ..

Aka , the lower caste , selling sex to farlangs /Aliens .

Major decision makers , aka the Junta , dont give a monkies..

Neither , do I ...

• Sad 1

This is absolutely hilarious. 

Just so everyone knows, Chinese really don't care if they get the vaccine quickly.  They say it's under control there and are fine with not leaving China.  Furthermore, people who do leave China are somewhat scorned.  Being what it is over there, nobody is set to do... anything.  

With a quarantine still in the cards, what little tourism could be brought in simply won't.  Furthermore, people are still freaked out about travelling.

For tourism to recover, I still stand that 2022 will be the turnaround year, 2021 will be a complete and total write-off, unless you count two million people who were dropped on their heads as infants and go to Thailand to quarantine, sit at a beach and go nowhere else, or god knows what other kind of restrictions they will pull out of their posterior.  Oh, and download an app so they can track you.

Good luck Thailand.  Hope that I am wrong but I feel fairly confident that I"m not here.  

• Like 1