When is the next model Fortuner due ?

Tuvoc

A little off topic.

About 4 years ago I was playing golf with my friend who was involved in the motor industry in Thailand. Joining us was a Japanese work colleague of his. When the Japanese was putting his clubs into his Fortuner I noticed that there were dual exhausts. It was the rear valance cutouts that drew my attention as they looked very professionally made, not a back street bodge. Noticing my interest he took my to the front and opened the bonnet. Inside was a petrol V6 which I discovered later was 4 liters.  He told me they were made in Thailand for the South African market. I would imagine the tax would have been too high to market in Thailand.

On 3/23/2021 at 6:30 AM, happyaussie said:

I've always been a Fortuner fan and they remain the best looking SUV on the road in Thailand.

Nah, the Ford Everest looks better. The Fortuner looks okay don't get me wrong, but it's a little too 'square' for my taste.

I've been looking at the range of large SUV's available over the past week, and the Fortuner (or Legender) is the most expensive on the market.

Current prices are:

• Fortuner 2.4 G 1,349,000 THB
  • Fortuner 2.4 V 1,454,000 THB
  • Fortuner V 4WD 1,524,000 THB
  • Legender 2.4 1,564,000 THB
  • Legender 2.4 4WD 1,634,000 THB
  • Legender 2.8 1,769,000 THB
  • Legender 2.8 4WD 1,839,000

Prices might be able to be negotiated better at the motor show, but the dealer in Pattaya was not interested in any negotiation.

13 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

I've been looking at the range of large SUV's available over the past week, and the Fortuner (or Legender) is the most expensive on the market.

And will also hold its value more so when you come to sell it you'll actually be better off because you have lost less. That is what I have been hearing from Thai friends and family.

On 3/29/2021 at 7:15 AM, Tuvoc said:

And will also hold its value more so when you come to sell it you'll actually be better off because you have lost less. That is what I have been hearing from Thai friends and family.

hats a good point. But at the same time you don't want to drive a car you don't really like for 10 years, just to not lost too much upon resale. So if an everest was the most comfortable ppv I could find (I think it is), I would buy that over a fortuner which doesn't ride as well. Assuming I could put up with Ford's service centers.