TM30: Stopping At Multiple Places Before Return To BKK ?

I leave BKK occasionally to spend a few nights in a hotel somewhere. When I come back, I go to the office of my apartment building and they print a TM30 for me, which I now include with the 90-day report I mail in. (Mailing always works, online was hit and miss.)
I've now been traveling for 3 weeks, am now in Trang in south Thailand, but stopped at 7 other locations for a night or four along the way (Hua Hin, Prachuap Town, Ranong, etc.). (I know all hotels are supposed to report my arrival to the govt, and I guess departure?) Well, I neglected to find out beforehand if there's anything I should be doing along the way re: TM30s. Eventually (in a week or three), I'll get back to my apartment in BKK and, as usual, get them to print a TM30 for me. Anyone know if that will be sufficient?
Actually, I brought all the 90-day report forms with me, since I still may be on the road when it's time to mail in the next one (around April 5). If I mail that in, maybe I should just include a note saying I'm traveling around the country, and list all the places/hotels I've stayed at? Anyone with experience in this sort of case? (Helpful replies only pls.) Thx

I would say nothing to do....but wait for UbonJoe's reply....he is the man.

We travel around all the time...we have a registered address, which we never actually stay at, and never file anything with the IO.

Edited by Surelynot

41 minutes ago, OliverKlozerof said:

If I mail that in, maybe I should just include a note saying I'm traveling around the country, and list all the places/hotels I've stayed at?

Suspect that you might risk opening up a can of worms unnecessarily in this way. Just including your latest BKK apartment TM30 when mailing in your completed TM47 should suffice, I would have thought. I trust that you will be including an SAE to get the notification slip mailed back to your BKK apartment (and not to a non-BKK address on your travels)?

Edited by OJAS

7 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Suspect that you might risk opening up a can of worms in this way. Just including your latest BKK apartment TM30 when mailing in your completed TM47 should suffice, I would have thought. I trust that you will be including an SAE to get the notification slip mailed back to your BKK apartment (rather than to a non-BKK address on your travels)?

Done my return to where we happen to be staying........one did go missing....otherwise Chaiyaphum IO seem 'happy'.

But thinking about it.....will start using our registered address.....better safe than sorry.

Edited by Surelynot

17 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Suspect that you might risk opening up a can of worms unnecessarily in this way. Just including your latest BKK apartment TM30 when mailing in your completed TM47 should suffice, I would have thought.

A TM30 report is not needed now unless he changes his registered address that immigration has.

Read previous post.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OliverKlozerof said:

If I mail that in, maybe I should just include a note saying I'm traveling around the country, and list all the places/hotels I've stayed at?

If you have nothing better to do and want to risk that your 90 day report gets denied, then you can do this.

The purpose of the 90 day report is to inform them where you stay. So when it's due you are supposed to report the address where you are currently at, and you would do this at the local immigration office in the province where you stay at this time. If you are going to submit a wrong address, I would at least not submit the evidence for this with it.

Edited by jackdd

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If you have nothing better to do and want to risk that your 90 day report gets denied, then you can do this.

The purpose of the 90 day report is to inform them where you stay. So when it's due you are supposed to report the address where you are currently at, and you would do this at the local immigration office in the province where you stay at this time. If you are going to submit a wrong address, I would at least not submit the evidence for this with it.

"So when it's due you are supposed to report the address where you are currently at, and you would do this at the local immigration office in the province where you stay at this time".

I thought that had all gone by the board now.....you only need to report a new registered address.....otherwise it is upto the hotel or where ever to report you are staying there.

Whoops....just read UbonJoe's comment.........after I typed this.

Edited by Surelynot

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A TM30 report is not needed now unless he changes his registered address that immigration has.

Read previous post.

Your comments don't pop up in the notifications list???.....for me anyway......so I missed them.

22 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

"So when it's due you are supposed to report the address where you are currently at, and you would do this at the local immigration office in the province where you stay at this time".

I thought that had all gone by the board now.....you only need to report a new registered address.....otherwise it is upto the hotel or where ever to report you are staying there.

Whoops....just read UbonJoe's comment.........after I typed this.

I was replying to the 90 day report part in your first post.

Ubonjoe was talking about the TM30. Yes, no new TM30 required when you return to your previous address.

• Thanks 1

According to UbonJoe I no longer need to include tm30 when mailing in 90-day report (unless I want to change my address of record). Hmm. Last time I didn’t include one...I did receive the A-OK receipt a while later, but they wrote on it ‘pls include tm30 next time,’ as if they were letting me slide this (last) time. (My last reporting period, during which I went to Pattaya for two days at Xmas, then forgot to get the tm30 when back in BKK.) 

But as we know, it’s not uncommon for govt workers to not know the correct/new rules.

7 minutes ago, OliverKlozerof said:

According to UbonJoe I no longer need to include tm30 when mailing in 90-day report (unless I want to change my address of record). Hmm. Last time I didn’t include one...I did receive the A-OK receipt a while later, but they wrote on it ‘pls include tm30 next time,’ as if they were letting me slide this (last) time. (My last reporting period, during which I went to Pattaya for two days at Xmas, then forgot to get the tm30 when back in BKK.) 

But as we know, it’s not uncommon for govt workers to not know the correct/new rules.

I think you got a bit confused, this started with your first post where you were not really clear: "When I come back, I go to the office of my apartment building and they print a TM30 for me, which I now include with the 90-day report I mail in. (Mailing always works, online was hit and miss.)"

This sounds like they print the TM30 form for you, and you submit this TM30 form to immigration. You probably meant that they do the TM30 for you online, and give you the receipt, right?

Thus Ubonjoe said "You do not need to file a new TM30 report when you do 90 day reports." Pay attention to the word new

When you do the 90 day report by mail you add a copy of your TM30 receipt to it.

Edited by jackdd

41 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I think you got a bit confused, this started with your first post where you were not really clear: "When I come back, I go to the office of my apartment building and they print a TM30 for me, which I now include with the 90-day report I mail in. (Mailing always works, online was hit and miss.)"

This sounds like they print the TM30 form for you, and you submit this TM30 form to immigration. You probably meant that they do the TM30 for you online, and give you the receipt, right?

Thus Ubonjoe said "You do not need to file a new TM30 report when you do 90 day reports." Pay attention to the word new

When you do the 90 day report by mail you add a copy of your TM30 receipt to it.

Ah. I guess I didn’t clearly understand what was happening. I just tell my apartment people I’m back and  could they give me the tm30 paper. They go to a govt site, then print something for me that says tm30 on it, which I include with my 90-day report. So I guess I still follow that procedure. 

4 minutes ago, OliverKlozerof said:

Ah. I guess I didn’t clearly understand what was happening. I just tell my apartment people I’m back and  could they give me the tm30 paper. They go to a govt site, then print something for me that says tm30 on it, which I include with my 90-day report. So I guess I still follow that procedure. 

Not required.