Pattaya: One million doses of vaccine targeted ahead of October reopening

webfact

3pm.jpg
Picture: Manager

Officials in Pattaya hope to get a million doses of vaccine from the government to vaccinate people in Bang Lamung and Sattahip ahead of the reopening of large scale tourism in October.

Whether expats residing in the area will be eligible is unclear though foreign workers and foreign migrants were specified. 

Deputy governor of Chonburi Naris Niramaiwong (the former district chief of Bang Lamung) has initiated a week long survey of people in the area to determine the exact number of people who should be vaccinated, reported Manager.

He wants to speed up the process and is mindful of tourists who would book trips to Thailand at least a month in advance of arrival. 

He wants to inspire confidence through the vaccine rollout to get people back to Pattaya - one of five tourism areas targeted by the government.

3pm1.jpg
Picture: Manager

The aim is to get 60-70% of the population jabbed. 

They would be people on official population lists, Thais and migrants who work in the area but live outside and foreigners and migrants who hold work permits and who are registered with the labor departments. 

The Manager story did not specify  nationalities in the population and the term "house registration" or "tabian ban" was not specified either. 

The Chonburi authorities hope to get around 1 million doses of vaccine (enough for half a million people to get two doses) and administer these over the coming few months, certainly by the start of September. 

This news is very depressing for expats here.

Also, does anyone have even a snippet of news of when the private hospitals will be getting some supplies?

I've been assuming most expats are going to be on the private hospital pay for it track. But when?!? 

20 hours ago, Guderian said:

Right, so the tens of thousands of retired expats who have kept the economy from withering completely over the last year don't even get a look-in. Well kcuf you to the authorities who thought this crock-o-caca up. 

Retired expats will be at the back of the queue, and will be overcharged.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

and we can all go get done or not as we chose. 

I would not be surprised if vaccination becomes a requirement of your visa renewal, leaving expats no choice but to pay whatever price they demand and be vaccinated, or leave the country.  

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

I would not be surprised if vaccination becomes a requirement of your visa renewal, leaving expats no choice but to pay whatever price they demand and be vaccinated, or leave the country.  

Not sure about that. First they have to make vaccines available to us.

• Like 1

I have no problem with a requirement. Its going to be a requirement for a lot of things especially travel related. However there really are people that have legitimate medical reasons not to get it. They should get an exception if they can document that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

What you know about the decisions of the powers that be in Thailand is simply guesswork. 

I expect I could be vaccinated outside Thailand too. 

I do not have a Visa, I have an Extension.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They might just surprise us.... isn't the actual cost of an AstraZeneca under $4 per dose? They might sell it to us at cost. Mind you, BHP will add a few hundred for the obligatory weighing and BP checks. I am not expecting it for free. 

Not a chance. Have you lived here long?  I recall reading estimates of 3000 to 5000 per dose depending on which vaccine. 

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What you know about the decisions of the powers that be in Thailand is simply guesswork. 

Yes, it is.  That's why I used the words, "I would not be surprised.................." 

If I had read it somewhere, I would have posted the link.

I expect I could be vaccinated outside Thailand too. 

Interesting.  How would that happen?

I do not have a Visa, I have an Extension.

An extension of a visa.  

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not a chance. Have you lived here long?  I recall reading estimates of 3000 to 5000 per dose depending on which vaccine. 

Yes I have.... that is a price I can live with but I really think, to avoid people with less money deciding not to bother, it should be a bit cheaper.  They should cover costs. Something like the cat castration services offered every now and again. 

16 hours ago, Leaver said:

An extension of a visa.  

Incorrect.

Visas cannot be extended..... simply a new one obtained. You need to learn your subject. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Yes I have.... that is a price I can live with but I really think, to avoid people with less money deciding not to bother, it should be a bit cheaper.  They should cover costs. Something like the cat castration services offered every now and again. 

It will be free for people using the national Thai health care system. The private hospital track will be for Thais willing to pay and foreigners.

In other words the private hospital track will be gouge city by definition.

There is an obvious medical ethics issue with people jumping the queue just by paying but suffice it to say ethics are different here.

Edited by Jingthing

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I roll up my shirt sleeve, or remove my shirt. Then someone jabs me in the arm. 

How does you sleeve and arm propose to leave Thailand, and what country would your sleeve and arm go to?  

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

How does you sleeve and arm propose to leave Thailand, and what country would your sleeve and arm go to?  

I am looking towards a more liberal travel policy which I expect soon. Perhaps a weekend vac trip to Singapore. A few days quarantine on return would not deter me. 

On 3/29/2021 at 5:52 AM, jacko45k said:

I am looking towards a more liberal travel policy which I expect soon. Perhaps a weekend vac trip to Singapore. A few days quarantine on return would not deter me. 

A more liberal travel policy for unvaccinated people seems a little optimistic.  There would certainly be quarantine in the receiving country.  

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

A more liberal travel policy for unvaccinated people seems a little optimistic.  There would certainly be quarantine in the receiving country.  

What country would that be.... I certainly did not mention one. 

Nothing wrong with optimism, you should give it  try.