Filters for ground water in Isarn.

grain

Water to our house comes from the ground. I suspect it's loaded with impurities. I want some sort of filter system and saw this one, which would fit onto our shower in the bathroom. Does anyone know if this sort of filter is any good? If not can you recommend something better. It's primarily to clean up our showing water, not for drinking. But if a filter system purified the water enough for drinking that would be an added bonus.

Here's a link to one I see online.

https://aquasana-thailand.com/product/premium-shower-filter-aq-4100-a-incl-international-adaptor/

For 1,320 baht, you can buy this 3-stage whole-house filter system. It will also extend the life of the shower heating element by reducing lime buildup. . A set of replacement filters cost 265 baht.    https://shopee.co.th/กระบอกกรองน้ำHousingทึบ-ขนาด20นิ้ว-3ขั้นตอน-PP-คาร์บอน-เรซิ่น-ท่อขนาด4หุน-i.168333051.5316248366

Edited by tweedledee2
add link
  • Like 2

You definitely need to get your water tested first, then you will know what filters to buy.

For Kalasin changwat, need 6 large soft drink bottles of water and taken to the testing place (Khong Kean university). B6000. That was for all tests. You can ask them for the tests you want which costs less. This was a few years ago.

• Like 1

I would simply filter through the Fiber pads that Aquarium Tanks use.

Filter through one and then through another into a clean Tank

Just change out the Pads every now and then ( as required )

Cheap, affordable and easy to use.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Always better to install a filter at the Point of Entry instead of Point of Use, that way the whole house water is clean.

I have one outside and the filter media i used is Zeolite does a great job

Zeolite is another filter media used in Aquariums

• Like 1

We don't have a well/bore on the property. The village is small and somewhere there's a bore that's under control of the moo ban. They pump water from the ground and it's piped through the village to approx 50-60 homes. Out front our house is a meter, then the pipe disappears underground and comes up inside our bathroom & kitchen.

20 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Always better to install a filter at the Point of Entry instead of Point of Use, that way the whole house water is clean.

I have one outside and the filter media i used is Zeolite does a great job

Is it possible for you to show me a link to the sort of system you have? or a pic. I'm really new to all this and don't know anything.

20 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

For 1,320 baht, you can buy this 3-stage whole-house filter system. It will also extend the life of the shower heating element by reducing lime buildup. . A set of replacement filters cost 265 baht.    https://shopee.co.th/กระบอกกรองน้ำHousingทึบ-ขนาด20นิ้ว-3ขั้นตอน-PP-คาร์บอน-เรซิ่น-ท่อขนาด4หุน-i.168333051.5316248366

This looks very good, the sort of thing I have in mind. very affordable and don't need a plumber to install it.

20 minutes ago, grain said:

This looks very good, the sort of thing I have in mind. very affordable and don't need a plumber to install it.

I would take the advice of others and have a sample tested, this tells you what needs filtering as you haven't really spelt out what you see as the problem. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Artisi said:

I would take the advice of others and have a sample tested, this tells you what needs filtering as you haven't really spelt out what you see as the problem. 

OK. I suspect there's some chemicals or impurity in the local water. I have some irritation in one eye and a while ago a doctor told me it's an allergic reaction. It seems to disappear when I'm away from the village, and return when I'm back there. I also notice a build up of some hard white substance around the rim of a plastic drum we store water in for bathing at times there's no water. I don't think having a water test will help much, as the test result may identify half a dozen chemicals/minerals and I won't know which one is causing my eye irritation...and it may not even be due to the water, that's just a hunch I have, it may be some pollen in the air, or something else that's irritating my eye.

Also I've noticed the local farmers are forever spraying chemicals and putting chemicals into the ground, so I guess the water table is full of crappy substances. All these factors lead me to think about having water filtration for showering. Drinking water is not an issue as my wife gets the big bottles of drinking water delivered.