Pattaya: Mayor intends to raise hospital standards to international level for residents and tourists

rooster59

47 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Which  Hospital/s ? I was  under the impression  Pattaya  had hospitals  who advocated  themselves as recognized options for  Medical Tourism pre pandemic   times?

Exactly, sure I've heard it trumpeted before that Thai healthcare system is one of the best in the world, or is  just the cosmetic surgery healthcare industry?

41 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

If you want to do that you need to start at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

A true international hospital has English speaking people besides the doctors.

Try calling this place some time and explain what you need. I wanted help with a sleep disorder and after 6 minutes I hung up and had my wife call.

They do have English speakers in their International Services department. Which is where you should have called in the first instance.

I know personally that they employ staff to liaise with foreign language speakers.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/patient-services/international-services-en.html

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

Try calling this place some time and explain what you need. I wanted help with a sleep disorder and after 6 minutes I hung up and had my wife call.

6. minutes! You went all out on that call.

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

They do have English speakers in their International Services department. Which is where you should have called in the first instance.

I know personally that they employ staff to liaise with foreign language speakers.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/patient-services/international-services-en.html

So why did the person he was speaking to not transfer to said International Services?  Couldn't be a;;sed probably.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

So why did the person he was speaking to not transfer to said International Services?  Couldn't be a;;sed probably.

Who knows? But at least he knows they are there. Not stating that they are useful, but at least they are there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Greenhill said:

And at what cost??

Should be no cost. It's part of the service. Though since it's BP Hospital, I cannot guarante that they will not find a way to add it to the bill.

I have the same thing in the hospital that I use, but they don't charge anything for translation etc Easier to make the appointments through the English speaking department.

• Like 1

And what does he means by "International Standards" ?  There is no such thing. does he mean the standard of England with its over crowded hospitals full of violence and drug addicts or America where you must show insurance before they will even look at you. Or here in Perth Australia where at the moment you can sit in an ambulance outside A&E for up to 7 hours ? Just meaningless dribble.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

I’m always accompanied by a translator at Bangkok Hospital Korat always very professional 

The main way to raise their medical standards is significantly improve their education system.  It is pathetic

now.  The only doctors worth trusting are ones that have been educated in the west. If the doctor

has only Thai education, run. 

16 hours ago, tifino said:

at least the Mayor was being honest in declaring that Hospitals in his province are not up to those standards... 

He wants to be careful going down that untrodden path. 

On 3/27/2021 at 7:58 PM, rooster59 said:

reported that the go-ahead mayor wants to raise standards to international levels for residents of the city and tourist visitors

A stitch in time saves nine.... as they say.

On 3/27/2021 at 8:18 PM, NCC1701A said:

how about a satellite facility on soi 6 for Chlamydia?

There used to be a small clinic on the 6 fit for that purpose.... has it become one of those awful open front bars?