Return to Thailand on re-entry permit

Apologies if this question is answered elsewhere. Please direct me if necessary.

A friend of mine (who is single) is going back to New Zealand in a few days. He has a retirement visa which expires in November and has a re-entry permit.

Is he able to return to Thailand two or three months later as normal on the re-entry permit ?? 

He can use the re-entry permit to enter the country the same as before.

He will though have to meet the entry requirements at are in effect at that time. Now it means having a certificate of entry (COE) and quarantine in a ASQ hotel. And covid 19 insurance valid for his allowed stay in the country.

Some embassies also will want the 40/400k baht insurance to issue the COE.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He will though have to meet the entry requirements at are in effect at that time. Now it means having a certificate of entry (COE) and quarantine in a ASQ hotel. And covid 19 insurance valid for his allowed stay in the country.

Thanks. I asked because last year I believe you couldn't use it to come back and had to satisfy other requirements.

4 minutes ago, Rigsby said:

Thanks. I asked because last year I believe you couldn't use it to come back and had to satisfy other requirements.

That was probably before they started allowing entries for those with retirement extensions and OA/OX visas late last year.

Hi Ubonjoe.

On the same subject, i am currently in Thailand on a retirement visa and will do my first 90 day report next week. After that I will probably need to pop back to the UK. Do I get the reentry permit when I am at Bangkok airport, or can I apply for it online prior to my travel date?

Many thanks.

7 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

On the same subject, i am currently in Thailand on a retirement visa and will do my first 90 day report next week. After that I will probably need to pop back to the UK. Do I get the reentry permit when I am at Bangkok airport, or can I apply for it online prior to my travel date?

You could apply for a re-entry permit when you do your 90 day report at immigration. The fee for a single re-entry permit is 1000 baht and multiple is 3800 baht.

You can also do it the airport on departure from the country at desk for them after security just before the departure immigration desks.

There is no online issuance of them. The re-entry is a stamp they put in your passport.

9 minutes ago, moontang said:

i heard it is 1200 at Swamppy....a few said they worked around it, but it is set up so you pay a service fee,  Any news on that?

You don't need to use service fee. However you need to have your TM8 all filled in a ready to go. Some folk prefer to have them do it for 200baht as it also requires a pic that they provide. They just photocopy your passport id page. Ha!

Note, it's very quick process. I always do it at airport.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2021 at 1:05 PM, ubonjoe said:

Just curious about covid insurance to meet COE requirements...I have travelers insurance (from a USA insurance company that fully covers covid).  WIll that suffice or does it need to be from a Thai insurance company?

23 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Just curious about covid insurance to meet COE requirements...I have travelers insurance (from a USA insurance company that fully covers covid). 

If you can get proof it meets the requirement if will be accepted. You need to be sure it will cover you from the day you enter the country and will pay for the hospital without symptoms of covid 19.

On 3/28/2021 at 2:23 PM, Rhacsyn said:

Hi Ubonjoe.

Many thanks.

get re entry permit at airport or your local IMM office