It's official: Big Joke is back in the RTP by Royal Consent

webfact

5pm.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Controversial Thai policeman Lt-Gen Surachate Hakpan - known by his nickname of Big Joke - is now back in the RTP fold.

Confirmation of the news came in a letter from the PM's office signed by Thai premier Prayuth Chan-ocha that said Royal approval had been granted, reported Daily News on Sunday.

news_QZLKbLJxtM201501_533.jpg
Picture: Daily News

It became official as of Saturday March 27th.

The civilian position given to Surachate at the PM's office a couple of years ago is now over and he is now an advisor on police reform at HQ.

Surachate was deputy of the tourist police and then chief of the Immigration Bureau before he was abruptly and mysteriously told to shuffle paper. 

He had complained about the procurement of the IB's 2 billion baht biometrics data collection system.

His car was shot up in the Suriwong area of Bangkok last year though no one was charged in connection with that crime. 

Thai watchers will be following the new position of the former poster boy of the RTP with interest, notes Thaivisa. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PatOngo said:

Maybe someone's trying to lure him into the open gain? ????

Meh.

He'd shoot himslef in the foot this time.

Most agree that incident was staged.

No clue why he has so many fan-bois here, most Thais see him for what he is.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lom said:

You did a survey?

No.

He will become National Police Chief, at some point, no doubt. Maybe as soon as there is a new PM? (RTP report directly to the PM.)

Best policeman ever.

Edited by mtls2005

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Meh.

He'd shoot himslef in the foot this time.

Most agree that incident was staged.

No clue why he has so many fan-bois here, most Thais see him for what he is.

"No clue why he has so many fan-bois here"

I'm quite sure that is not true and that you know very well why - same as all the afore-mentioned fan-bois do...

• Confused 1

Calculate how many promotions has he had over what time scale. Then if he used the elephant for speed, what was the total lay out?  Was it a loan paid back at each step, was money accumulated and paid for the nex rung without loan, etc?  Then devise a board game for becoming head of RTP where the winner is the one who does so in the quickest time or lowest outlay.  Many will pay you dearly to buy such a training tool for their offspring.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

This is a chance for the government to give people hope.  Rightly or wrongly he was thought to be what the immigration department needed and he did make changes that helped us.

Can you elaborate please as I have no Idea what he did to help me. 

44 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Can you elaborate please as I have no Idea what he did to help me. 

I don't know first hand but i believe he sorted out Chiang Mai emigration office which was a shambles, someone from Chiang Mai will no doubt elaborate on that, one way or the other!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

I don't know first hand but i believe he sorted out Chiang Mai emigration office which was a shambles, someone from Chiang Mai will no doubt elaborate on that, one way or the other!

That and the fact that he got rid of a lot of the scam artists and drug dealers around the country

• Like 1