Marriage extension Pathum Thani Last Friday

3 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

I note @Ubonjoe's comments the other day about there now being a TM27 form for this purpose. 

So why the TM28 and a piddling B60?

I thought that the tm27 and TM28 were gone. The TM30 now being used as change of address?

In any event that (should) have nothing to do with your extension. Just more random rubbish from the imm office.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Computer printed TM7 and Google map thrown away!

Chaiyaphum....they throw away all the second copies as I sit there......I don't say a word......then most of the first copies???.........The form I filled in is binned and re-written by them in Thai..........no charges made however!

They then stamp every single piece of paper they can possibly generate and make both me and the wife sign and date every page once....some of them twice.

There is no queuing system, but fortunately not too busy........but you are at their mercy as to whether or not you are called forward....which can be very stressful.

We arrived just before 20+ Myanmar workers turned up....phew!!!

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no longer a requirement for a TM28/27 to be submitted unless you were to change your address that immigration has in their records. Same for TM30 reports.

Not sure what the 60 baht was for.

Yes, noted Joe, and, as I said, no change of address, ever.

Also Tm30 was filed online back in December 2019 when I last flew into Thailand. 

Also all 90 day reports done on time, online (except when their system is down, in which case I've gone on person.)

Last year, as I think I reported at the time, they also pulled the TM28 stunt.

"New procedure" said the lady. 

And agreed,  the 60 baht is a mystery!! Pack of cigarettes ?

No receipt for this one !

And the photocopy of the B1900 receipt ?

As she was standing next to an office photocopier, and earlier had made a complete copy of every page of my submission,  I asked her politely "couldn't she do a copy of this one tiny piece of paper?"

"Mai di"

So, out into the 36 degree heat to do it myself. 

You wrote : "  ALL the 1 inch thick pile of papers and photographs were then copied by them in their office."  

I am doing same the procedure in the same office since more than 10 years and I am very surprised they accepted to make all those photocopies in their own office.

I submit always everything in two copies (one remains in their office and the other goes to head office at CW for approval)

The only photocopy I needed was the B1900 receipt for which there is a separate office at 10 meters charging 2 Baht per copy

On 3/29/2021 at 11:06 AM, orchidfan said:

had to fill out and submit a TM28

Did you keep the receipt given to you last year and include it with your passport? I keep mine stapled in the back and they photo copy it every time I go there. (at Pathum Thani)

On 3/29/2021 at 12:13 PM, orchidfan said:

No receipt for this one !

Now that is interesting! 

On 3/29/2021 at 11:18 AM, ubonjoe said:

There is no longer a requirement for a TM28/27 to be submitted unless you were to change your address that immigration has in their records. Same for TM30 reports.

ubonjoe, I agree, yet, I've a receipt that they stapled on the last page of my passport, which says, "Have received notice of change of address from (me) on Date.... In that case I had submitted a TM30 and TM28 at the same time after a trip to Myanmar. I was still confused about the need, but did it anyway. I've never been bothered about a TM28 or TM30 since (but they are always taking a photo copy of the receipt and including it with my extension app).

F(all)YI:  I have a Non-O from Savannakhet and have been getting COVID extensions since April.  IO: Pathum Thani. (note: my wife would never sit for all that 'messing around'???? and told me so 12+ yrs ago). 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 8:09 AM, fvw53 said:

You wrote : "  ALL the 1 inch thick pile of papers and photographs were then copied by them in their office."  

I am doing same the procedure in the same office since more than 10 years and I am very surprised they accepted to make all those photocopies in their own office.

I submit always everything in two copies (one remains in their office and the other goes to head office at CW for approval)

The only photocopy I needed was the B1900 receipt for which there is a separate office at 10 meters charging 2 Baht per copy

Yes, I agree. But I've never submitted more than one copy (of everything), but this time, new girl not in uniform,  took them all and copied them.

Their photocopies were very feint..barely readable. 

Anyway,  all done and "under consideration "stamp put in my passport.

Think HQ will need good glasses to read their copies,  but think that they kept the <deleted> copies and sent my originals to HQ. 

As for TM28, no receipt, just took my  B60 with a smile.

• Haha 1