Phuket and Samui - and border areas - prioritised in second stage of vaccine rollout

webfact

On 3/30/2021 at 10:32 AM, wensiensheng said:

You missed the point. Tourists are vaccinated. If they catch Covid, it will be mild, ergo they don’t need confidence, they know THEY are fine. But the rest of us who come into contact with them.....

That is why everyone needs to be vaccinated. 

On 3/30/2021 at 12:36 PM, internationalism said:

but samui (with only 60k population) suppose to be opening on 1.10, together with pattaya, krabi and chiang mai (which are very large population and are not islands, i.e. vaccination program should be wider, than just tourist areas).

all this daily changes of policies who and where to vaccinate shows, that program is not well thought and it's execution will have hiccups/will be a failure.

I wouldn't be like in shoes of local population even in prioritised phuket. There just might not be enough hospital beds, when different strains start arriving from all around the world.

so awaited tourists from china will be coming from a country, which is under reporting pandemic.

same goes with the neighbouring cambodia - officially there is no covid, and there is not a single death, but my pharmacist friend from siem rep told me recently that virus is ripe there

Well if your pharmacy friend says so, well then it must be true  ????????????

• Like 1

I would rather trust health professionals (that includes pharmacists), who deal with patients daily and know the scale of infection just by judging on symptoms, and not necessarily on non existent tests. 

some countries, like cambodia, from the very beginning were ignoring virus for political, economic and social reasons, as not to scare off tourists, investors. Cambodia allowed disembarking of the infected cruise, and ordered health officials servicing passengers not to wear any protection, that including masks.

but danger is coming with political refugees from myanmar, where situation in the border areas escalates into civil war.

Border with cambodia might be also posing risk in the future, if patients will be crossing into thailand for medical care (which is non-existant in cambodia). 

• Thanks 1