Thailand Road Carnage: Deaths on the roads continue unabated - 71 dead yesterday

webfact

6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Sure about that?

Thai road fatalities indeed horrendous, but still prefer to drive there than the UK which is all single carriageways and dawdling pensioners. ????

2300 miles of motorway (2019) . How many in thailand?

Perhaps you’re the one with dementia? ???? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Sure about that?

Thai road fatalities indeed horrendous, but still prefer to drive there than the UK which is all single carriageways and dawdling pensioners. ????

So in the whole of the UK there are no motorways and no Dual carriageways only single lane roads when was the last time you were in the UK the 1800's and the standard of driving in the UK is much better than that of Thailand, which also cuts down on accidents and deaths.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2021 at 10:18 AM, overt2016 said:

The government can allocate 1,000s of police to protest rallies.

Why can't they put these officers on road patrols.

There's probably enough police on the the roads but they only stop people if they've set up cones and a table to take the money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/30/2021 at 1:53 PM, cyril sneer said:

first thing they should look at is why Monday always brings the highest death rate of the week

The Boomtown Rats could help with answering that question .

On 3/30/2021 at 1:53 PM, cyril sneer said:

first thing they should look at is why Monday always brings the highest death rate of the week

On 3/31/2021 at 9:06 AM, mikebell said:

I live in Pattaya.  Apart from a three car convoy accompanying a bigwig, I have honestly not seen a single cop in three months.

Police officers  dont see any wrong in the way Thais drive , because they drive  the same way , same as  Insurance assors, who when i was rear ended on sukhumvit rd i was told i was to blame  for stopping too quick in an emergency braking situation.

And they will continue to die, ( we will too, wrong place wrong time),  because these so called officials  +++ drive the same way,  and they see no wrong in it, and surely they never will lose face by admitting they "dont know  how"

On 3/30/2021 at 5:40 PM, welshguy said:

I just cant for the life of me, understand...why this is allowed to go on year after year after year....Words may be said by the numpties in charge...nothing ever gets done though....

It's simple.

If they can't earn from it, then they are not interested.

Simple really, much like them. ????

16 hours ago, actonion said:

Police officers  dont see any wrong in the way Thais drive , because they drive  the same way , same as  Insurance assors, who when i was rear ended on sukhumvit rd i was told i was to blame  for stopping too quick in an emergency braking situation.

Yes what is it about Insurance Assessors?  Are they on commission for how much they pay out?  Despite having fully comprehensive insurance, I have been found 'guilty' by both agents AND police.  The 1st when I changed lanes into a U-turn lane and was hit by a pickup doing 150ish kph:  the 2nd whilst waiting to turn right at a U-turn and was ploughed into by two students with no helmets; no licence - their speedo was showing 90 when it stopped on impact.

On 3/30/2021 at 3:58 PM, Asquith Production said:

This is about the third story this week about vehicle and particularly motorcycle fatalities. So we all then regurgitate the same comments. Its a never ending situation because of no intervention by the Government. It drives me crazy that so many lives are lost because of the head in the sand mentality.

I'm sure nothing is done by any  governmment department here , because they all drive the same way and  they see nothing wrong with that...........surely they will never lose face  and admit to being a bad driver ..........".driver"  its a word that should' nt be applied in this country, "aimer"  is a better word

On 3/31/2021 at 8:44 AM, Artisi said:

After nearly 20 years here, my far from controlled scientific observation is :

Car drivers:

75% of Thai drivers are of a reasonable standard.

15% of Thai driver are poor drivers

10% of Thai drivers shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a car.

For motor bike riders:

50% are of a reasonable standard 

50% shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a bike. 

RE; turning left from a middle or outter lane.. if you watch any Thai driver  making a turn  they will always  make that wide turn because   being lazy it stops them having to turn the steering wheel too much, by turning from an outter lane you  dont have to turn the steering wheel so much...